Swallowing Pills

anonymous

The pills she takes that go in the fridge are Cotazym 4. It is not a necessity for them to go in the fridge but it is recommended, especially during the hotter months. We keep them in there, but I always have a bottle in my purse as well and there has been no change in their effectiveness.AM

anonymous

Hey everyone, I'm not trying to brag by far, however, I was sitting on the side of the road two Xmas's ago, in the dark, with a billion people around me,mixing cotozyme 8's in apple sauce, in order to give my daughter, who was not even two yrs old yet, her treat while watching the Santa Claus parade. With my other child, then one yrs old, and Gillian waiting for me to mix her enzymes, I decided right their and then....that's it, you are gona learn to swallow these pills. The very next day, I gave her, her cotozyme 8's and said swallow!! I am sorry, but this is a life altering disease, their are NO comprimises!! You do what you have to do , in order for everyone to deal with this terrible illness. She swallowed the ecs 8's and that was that.! I never mixed them with apple sauce again. (she will chew food, take her ecs 8's and move the food around her mouth to work the enzymes down. that's amazing) I know, oh how cruel, as a single mother of two( by choice) don't need pitty.. I just had to do what was right for all of us! If I catter to her she will never learn how to care for herself! what if something happens to me? She needs to understand what needs to be done..... So maybe I baby my son who doesn't have CF, he wouldn't even take tylenol by mouth, I gave him suppositories, but my daughter, sorry, but she knows!!!!!!! their is NO comprimises with her because she is living with CF. Therefore, don't feel guilty,I am only helping her by being independent, and don't get me wrong IT KILLS ME to be less sensitive to her sometimes, but in the end, it is for her own self preservation that I teach her now to do what needs to be done. (because, when it comes to her health, I will be as strong as I need to in order to have her here for as long as I can and for her to survive this awful disease.take care Nicky (Canada)

anonymous

Hey it's me again, just wanted to add, that at birth, when my daughter was first diagnosed, the physicians all said "don't say pills, or candy, or anything but what they are...ENZYMES... don't tell her that she is different, or even (special) I meen in a less then perfect way!!! She was born with CF, therefore she lives with CF, she breaths CF, she deals with CF, she puts up with CF, she takes enzymes for CF, she takes puffers for CF.... SHE HAS CF!!! period...that's it that's all...Eat your fats, drink your shakes, do your sports, love, be happy, live long!!!!!! And if you can't, then just drive your mother crazy!! My life is total ball of stress, you couldn't imagine, but I drink and well drink and smile.take care Nicky