Sweat Chloride Test Poll

How many of you with CF or those who have children with CF have had a normal (not borderline) sweat test? For those with children, what age was your child when the sweat test was performed that was normal and at what age was your child when the sweat test was borderline or positive when repeated (if repeated?) Has anyone w/ a CF dignosis continued to have normal or borderline results?
Thanks!

How many of you with CF or those who have children with CF have had a normal (not borderline) sweat test? For those with children, what age was your child when the sweat test was performed that was normal and at what age was your child when the sweat test was borderline or positive when repeated (if repeated?) Has anyone w/ a CF dignosis continued to have normal or borderline results?
Thanks!

<br />Thanks!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had a normal 32 at age 3 weeks. Test has not been repeated. Based on the amount of salt he sweats out now, I imagine the results would be quite different.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had a normal 32 at age 3 weeks. Test has not been repeated. Based on the amount of salt he sweats out now, I imagine the results would be quite different.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

AbsintheMinded

J had a really high result (per Dr, never aksed for a # yet) at 19 days old. Have bot repeated, but it would be high, he still leaves salt rings on his sheets where he sweats.

AbsintheMinded

J had a really high result (per Dr, never aksed for a # yet) at 19 days old. Have bot repeated, but it would be high, he still leaves salt rings on his sheets where he sweats.

AbsintheMinded

T

TonyaH

My son's test was 120...a very conclusive positive result. However, my mother had negative sweat tests her entire life, even though she most definitely had CF.

T

TonyaH

My son's test was 120...a very conclusive positive result. However, my mother had negative sweat tests her entire life, even though she most definitely had CF.

T

TonyaH