Sweat Test help please

Jenybeen

We have done the ambry testing, I don't think it was the amplified one though. Those results were neg. But the doc still wants to get a negative sweat test before we completely rule out CF. They used the electrode things on all the previous tests and he just would not sweat. Hopefully he will tomorrow so we can figure out if he's got it or not. Thanks.

Jenybeen

We have done the ambry testing, I don't think it was the amplified one though. Those results were neg. But the doc still wants to get a negative sweat test before we completely rule out CF. They used the electrode things on all the previous tests and he just would not sweat. Hopefully he will tomorrow so we can figure out if he's got it or not. Thanks.

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

R

rarab43

I know when my son was tested many yrs ago they wrapped I think saran wrap around his arms and then a pampers.

R

rarab43

I know when my son was tested many yrs ago they wrapped I think saran wrap around his arms and then a pampers.

R

rarab43

R

rarab43

R

rarab43

R

rarab43

Emily65Roses

There have been many many CFers on this site who have gotten negative sweat tests (some had more than one negative result). You probably only had the genetic test that tests for the 30ish most common mutations. If not, then you had the one that tests for the 80ish most common mutations. There are over 1,000. Ask for the genetic testing, it's your best bet.

Emily65Roses

There have been many many CFers on this site who have gotten negative sweat tests (some had more than one negative result). You probably only had the genetic test that tests for the 30ish most common mutations. If not, then you had the one that tests for the 80ish most common mutations. There are over 1,000. Ask for the genetic testing, it's your best bet.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

okok

If she had ambry testing then she probably had CFTR sequencing which detects around 1500 mutations. Ambry amplified increases the rate of detection from 98% for the sequencing only to 99% becaue the amplified test includes deletion/duplication testing.

Sorry the only advice i have for you is the hydration. We also wore a coat and tried to do a lot of movement during the test.

okok

If she had ambry testing then she probably had CFTR sequencing which detects around 1500 mutations. Ambry amplified increases the rate of detection from 98% for the sequencing only to 99% becaue the amplified test includes deletion/duplication testing.

Sorry the only advice i have for you is the hydration. We also wore a coat and tried to do a lot of movement during the test.

okok

okok