Sweat Test help please

okok

If she had ambry testing then she probably had CFTR sequencing which detects around 1500 mutations. Ambry amplified increases the rate of detection from 98% for the sequencing only to 99% becaue the amplified test includes deletion/duplication testing.

Sorry the only advice i have for you is the hydration. We also wore a coat and tried to do a lot of movement during the test.

okok

If she had ambry testing then she probably had CFTR sequencing which detects around 1500 mutations. Ambry amplified increases the rate of detection from 98% for the sequencing only to 99% becaue the amplified test includes deletion/duplication testing.

Sorry the only advice i have for you is the hydration. We also wore a coat and tried to do a lot of movement during the test.

momja

Make sure your son is very well hydrated. Put a coat on him and let him run around while he has the filter paper on for the sweat collection.

Best of luck. My son had 4 sweat tests done that didn't work. He had blood work for the 70 most common mutations which came back negative.

I know how hard all the testing and waiting is.

momja

Make sure your son is very well hydrated. Put a coat on him and let him run around while he has the filter paper on for the sweat collection.

Best of luck. My son had 4 sweat tests done that didn't work. He had blood work for the 70 most common mutations which came back negative.

momja

momja

momja

momja

Jenybeen

Thank you everyone! Well, I guess the 5th times a charm, because he finally produced some sweat for the test today! I was so thrilled to get this test behind us. Now waiting for the results is going to be the hard part. I made sure that he was super duper hydrated, he didn't go 30 minutes with drinking something for the last 2 days. Also, he's been on Creon so he hasn't been having his normal diarrhea, that was probably why it didn't work all the other times...all that diarrhea probably dehydrated him. Thanks for all the advice!

Jenybeen

Thank you everyone! Well, I guess the 5th times a charm, because he finally produced some sweat for the test today! I was so thrilled to get this test behind us. Now waiting for the results is going to be the hard part. I made sure that he was super duper hydrated, he didn't go 30 minutes with drinking something for the last 2 days. Also, he's been on Creon so he hasn't been having his normal diarrhea, that was probably why it didn't work all the other times...all that diarrhea probably dehydrated him. Thanks for all the advice!

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

It was NEGATIVE at 21! Glad to be able to cross CF off of our list of possible causes, but now we are back to square one...I still don't know what is making my little guy sick all the time.

Thank you all for you help and kind words!

Jenybeen

It was NEGATIVE at 21! Glad to be able to cross CF off of our list of possible causes, but now we are back to square one...I still don't know what is making my little guy sick all the time.

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

Jenybeen

Jenybeen