sweat test results

Marjolein

I would ask for a full panel(over 1500 mutations) genetic test too. There have been lots of false negative sweattests, even when they had done a few and even then you can still have CF. Sweattests don't say everything, I think a doctor in an accredited CF center should know that.

Good luck with everything! Don't hesitate to ask more questions

X

Marjolein

I would ask for a full panel(over 1500 mutations) genetic test too. There have been lots of false negative sweattests, even when they had done a few and even then you can still have CF. Sweattests don't say everything, I think a doctor in an accredited CF center should know that.

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

X

Marjolein

<br />
<br />Good luck with everything! Don't hesitate to ask more questions
<br />
<br />X

Alyssa

I'm not an expert but when most people talk about how many genes they were tested for it is usually one of the following:
Full - 1651

So for someone to tell you over 1000, seems to imply it was full genetic testing <b>but you should clarify just to make sure.</b>

Generally speaking I am the biggest pusher of normal sweat tests doesn't always mean no CF, but in your case, if you were given the full genetic test, at an accredited facility and his only symptom is lung function (which can be explained by high IgE number... I would tend to lean towards no CF.

Alyssa

I'm not an expert but when most people talk about how many genes they were tested for it is usually one of the following:
Full - 1651

So for someone to tell you over 1000, seems to imply it was full genetic testing <b>but you should clarify just to make sure.</b>

Generally speaking I am the biggest pusher of normal sweat tests doesn't always mean no CF, but in your case, if you were given the full genetic test, at an accredited facility and his only symptom is lung function (which can be explained by high IgE number... I would tend to lean towards no CF.

Alyssa

Full - 1651

Alyssa

Full - 1651

Alyssa

<br />12
<br />32
<br />97
<br />Full - 1651
<br />
<br />So for someone to tell you over 1000, seems to imply it was full genetic testing <b>but you should clarify just to make sure.</b>
<br />
<br />Generally speaking I am the biggest pusher of normal sweat tests doesn't always mean no CF, but in your case, if you were given the full genetic test, at an accredited facility and his only symptom is lung function (which can be explained by high IgE number... I would tend to lean towards no CF.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
A sweat test is NOT a genetic test. The technician gathers sweat from your child's arm for a sweat test. A genetic test for CF requires a blood sample from your child. It is a test that is sent out to a place like Genzyme or Ambry. The results take at least 2 weeks for a genetic test.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
A sweat test is NOT a genetic test. The technician gathers sweat from your child's arm for a sweat test. A genetic test for CF requires a blood sample from your child. It is a test that is sent out to a place like Genzyme or Ambry. The results take at least 2 weeks for a genetic test.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator