Sweat Test Tomorrow

jaynebryan96

Have finally got the appointment for Callum's sweat test. Have got to go to the hospital tomorrow (17th) for his sweat test.

In the last 2 weeks his poops have become incredibly smelly. I have tried the floating test but they all sink. The last few days they have become much looser and much more of them. They are very dark brown with a bit of a shine in places (sorry if that is tmi) Does this sound like familiar?

They sent away a sample and it came back that he had a rotavirus in his poop, i looked this up on the internet and he has had none of the symptoms (normally severe sickness and diarohea)

Hoping that all goes well tomorrow.

Jayne & Callum (birmingham uk, england)

jaynebryan96

Have finally got the appointment for Callum's sweat test. Have got to go to the hospital tomorrow (17th) for his sweat test.

In the last 2 weeks his poops have become incredibly smelly. I have tried the floating test but they all sink. The last few days they have become much looser and much more of them. They are very dark brown with a bit of a shine in places (sorry if that is tmi) Does this sound like familiar?

They sent away a sample and it came back that he had a rotavirus in his poop, i looked this up on the internet and he has had none of the symptoms (normally severe sickness and diarohea)

jaynebryan96

M

Mommafirst

Best of luck at the sweat test -- I hope you get some answers.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

abcd12345

Hi Jayne and Callum,
I wish you all the best with the sweat test tomorrow, my daughter was diagnosed Seven months ago, although for years Iv had issues with her poos. They hardly ever flushed away, were not just smelly but quite putrid, also they also had what I
now know was a fatty content that used to float on top of the water!
My other daughter who does not have cf had rota virus for some time, her poos were smelly and frequent but that was it! I hope this helps, good luck again!

Cathy, mum to Annie wcf, and Olivia no cf

abcd12345

Hi Jayne and Callum,
I wish you all the best with the sweat test tomorrow, my daughter was diagnosed Seven months ago, although for years Iv had issues with her poos. They hardly ever flushed away, were not just smelly but quite putrid, also they also had what I
My other daughter who does not have cf had rota virus for some time, her poos were smelly and frequent but that was it! I hope this helps, good luck again!

abcd12345

Hi Jayne and Callum,

jaynebryan96

We have had the sweat test done today. Glad they were able to collect enough sweat they said they needed 75ml (think that is right) and callum produced 349ml so they said there would be plenty to test.

Will know the result by friday pm, so fingers crossed it's a negative.

jaynebryan96

We have had the sweat test done today. Glad they were able to collect enough sweat they said they needed 75ml (think that is right) and callum produced 349ml so they said there would be plenty to test.

jaynebryan96