Sweat Test

oatmeal28

I apologize if this isn't in the correct section and/or it's a repetitive question. I was a late diagnosis case- diagnosed at 29--only one in my family (that I know of) that has CF. I am pushing for my siblings to get tested, but it hasn't happened yet. Anyway, one of my nieces (my sister's child-she has two daughters) has had horrible coughs, tonsil, ear infections, sleep apnea etc...for much of her 4 years. They always say it's asthma or allergies, which could be part of it. She has no issue with weight gain and not sure reg. anything else symptom-wise. I pushed to have her tested b/c although I don't know for sure --my sister is most likely a carrier if I have it...Long story short-- she got a sweat test done and today they got the results and it came up a 13. If you were her, because she is not very knowledgeable in the subject and it sounds like she is having a hard time pushing the doctors to keep going with this....would you push for the full panel? Personally I would, but I don't know if I am overthinking it...Thanks for any advice!<br>

oatmeal28

I apologize if this isn't in the correct section and/or it's a repetitive question. I was a late diagnosis case- diagnosed at 29--only one in my family (that I know of) that has CF. I am pushing for my siblings to get tested, but it hasn't happened yet. Anyway, one of my nieces (my sister's child-she has two daughters) has had horrible coughs, tonsil, ear infections, sleep apnea etc...for much of her 4 years. They always say it's asthma or allergies, which could be part of it. She has no issue with weight gain and not sure reg. anything else symptom-wise. I pushed to have her tested b/c although I don't know for sure --my sister is most likely a carrier if I have it...Long story short-- she got a sweat test done and today they got the results and it came up a 13. If you were her, because she is not very knowledgeable in the subject and it sounds like she is having a hard time pushing the doctors to keep going with this....would you push for the full panel? Personally I would, but I don't know if I am overthinking it...Thanks for any advice!<br>

oatmeal28

Gelina

I was wondering if anyone else experienced a long wait period for a sweat test? My son had his sweat test done 17 days ago and my GP has yet to receive any results!

Gelina

I was wondering if anyone else experienced a long wait period for a sweat test? My son had his sweat test done 17 days ago and my GP has yet to receive any results!

JustDucky

He should have gotten then fairly quickly.....when mine were done, I knew the results by the end of the same day of the test. It is a quick test to run, your GP should call for them or perhaps you could call the center and get the results..

Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

He should have gotten then fairly quickly.....when mine were done, I knew the results by the end of the same day of the test. It is a quick test to run, your GP should call for them or perhaps you could call the center and get the results..

Jenn 40 w/CF