Sweat testing

Demekadj

My 7 month old little boy is having his 5th sweat test done Friday. The previous 4 that he's had done have been insufficient b/c he just doesn't sweat. Does anyone have any advice or tips to maybe get him to sweat more?

Demekadj

My 7 month old little boy is having his 5th sweat test done Friday. The previous 4 that he's had done have been insufficient b/c he just doesn't sweat. Does anyone have any advice or tips to maybe get him to sweat more?

Demekadj

Demekadj

Demekadj

kellyga

When my daughter was having her second sweat test, the nurse told us to hold her tightly in a warm blanket up against our body to help her sweat. It worked, they finally got enough for the test. Good luck.

kellyga

When my daughter was having her second sweat test, the nurse told us to hold her tightly in a warm blanket up against our body to help her sweat. It worked, they finally got enough for the test. Good luck.

kellyga

kellyga

kellyga

dlo2977

I assume they put a heating pad over it?? My 4 week old was tested last week (2.5 year old has CF, so we were just screening him). They put the gauze and tape on and then a heat pack, then the covering. Iknow it is harder to get babies to sweat.............

dlo2977

I assume they put a heating pad over it?? My 4 week old was tested last week (2.5 year old has CF, so we were just screening him). They put the gauze and tape on and then a heat pack, then the covering. Iknow it is harder to get babies to sweat.............

dlo2977

dlo2977

dlo2977

petnurse

Mine was younger...1 months, but when we did the test, he started to sweat almost immediately after they put the tape on his arm. However, they did have us swaddle him for the 30min. We were BOTH sweating when it was all over.

petnurse

Mine was younger...1 months, but when we did the test, he started to sweat almost immediately after they put the tape on his arm. However, they did have us swaddle him for the 30min. We were BOTH sweating when it was all over.

petnurse

petnurse

petnurse