Sweating

mag6125

I don't think I get hot, I just wake up and my t-shirt/pillow/bed is wet from sweat. Its not all the time though and it doesn't matter what temp my room is. Right now its been in the 40s at night and I havent turned my heat on yet but I still wake up sweaty. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to turn my pillow over several times because its wet. Its definitely worse when I'm really sick, but I don't think of it as a sign I'm getting sick because it happens randomly no matter how I feel.
<br />
<br />Now in the winter my room is the warmest room in the house and I don't think I sweat as much then.

NancyLKF

Yes, Maggie sweats pretty easily in her sleep. I keep her room cool. She also kicks off any blanket I try to put on her.

NancyLKF

Yes, Maggie sweats pretty easily in her sleep. I keep her room cool. She also kicks off any blanket I try to put on her.

NancyLKF

Mom2Max

Sounds just like Max. Won't ever keep covers on & usually wakes up sweaty - sometimes even leaving wet marks on the bed.

Mom2Max

Sounds just like Max. Won't ever keep covers on & usually wakes up sweaty - sometimes even leaving wet marks on the bed.

Mom2Max

M

Mommafirst

yes!! Alyssa sweats a ton. She has a ceiling fan AND a tower fan right next to her bed...she keeps these on all year round and still wakes up sweaty.

M

Mommafirst

yes!! Alyssa sweats a ton. She has a ceiling fan AND a tower fan right next to her bed...she keeps these on all year round and still wakes up sweaty.

M

Mommafirst

Why is this? I cannot find any research on excessive sweating and CF but my son (who has not been dx'd but working on) sweats so horribly that we've had 2 incidences where he went 12+ hours w/o a wet diaper as a newborn b/c he sweats so bad.

Why is this? I cannot find any research on excessive sweating and CF but my son (who has not been dx'd but working on) sweats so horribly that we've had 2 incidences where he went 12+ hours w/o a wet diaper as a newborn b/c he sweats so bad.

crickit715

i think its like so many other cf "side effects" that dr's do not discuss....like, AWP and skin peeling from fingers/toes, etc... thats why its so nice to have this forum to bounce ideas and issues off each other!

crickit715

i think its like so many other cf "side effects" that dr's do not discuss....like, AWP and skin peeling from fingers/toes, etc... thats why its so nice to have this forum to bounce ideas and issues off each other!

crickit715

T

ToriMom

WOW, we have always experienced this as well. Victoria would always wake up from naps soaking wet with sweat. My non-CF son never did. I don't think it has anything to do with being cold or hot...every time she falls asleep she gets all sweaty. I still kiss her sweaty forehead and say, "Mommy's sweaty baby..." all the time and she laughs.
Michelle, mom to Tori-- CF, G-tube, nine years old

T

ToriMom

WOW, we have always experienced this as well. Victoria would always wake up from naps soaking wet with sweat. My non-CF son never did. I don't think it has anything to do with being cold or hot...every time she falls asleep she gets all sweaty. I still kiss her sweaty forehead and say, "Mommy's sweaty baby..." all the time and she laughs.
Michelle, mom to Tori-- CF, G-tube, nine years old

T

ToriMom

<br />Michelle, mom to Tori-- CF, G-tube, nine years old