swelling after surgery

falbie13

Hey everyone,
I got my transplant a month ago today. Going into the operating room I was 98lbs and three days later I was almost 120lbs from fluid retention. I was started on lasix which helped with the swelling but it was stopped when I was discharged. I have had to call the doctor twice in the last week because I am swelling so badly (I wake up with no ankles and my feet swell so big that I cant flex my foot up and down by the end of the day). They keep putting me on trial doses of lasix which helps but then they stop it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do to help with the swellling and how long did it last?

falbie13

Hey everyone,
I got my transplant a month ago today. Going into the operating room I was 98lbs and three days later I was almost 120lbs from fluid retention. I was started on lasix which helped with the swelling but it was stopped when I was discharged. I have had to call the doctor twice in the last week because I am swelling so badly (I wake up with no ankles and my feet swell so big that I cant flex my foot up and down by the end of the day). They keep putting me on trial doses of lasix which helps but then they stop it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do to help with the swellling and how long did it last?

falbie13

Hey everyone,

falbie13

Hey everyone,

falbie13

Hey everyone,
<br />I got my transplant a month ago today. Going into the operating room I was 98lbs and three days later I was almost 120lbs from fluid retention. I was started on lasix which helped with the swelling but it was stopped when I was discharged. I have had to call the doctor twice in the last week because I am swelling so badly (I wake up with no ankles and my feet swell so big that I cant flex my foot up and down by the end of the day). They keep putting me on trial doses of lasix which helps but then they stop it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do to help with the swellling and how long did it last?

CountryGirl

Hi. I had swelling after tx too and they had me on lasix, even after I left the hospital, they didnt take me off of it till a little over a month, after all the swelling had gone away and I never really had a problem with it again. I think I may have had one bout with it after I stopped the lasix and they told me I could take it till it went down again. I didnt have any problems of it reoccuring much though. Maybe they are prematurely taking you off of it and so it comes back? Im sorry, i dont know.

CountryGirl

Hi. I had swelling after tx too and they had me on lasix, even after I left the hospital, they didnt take me off of it till a little over a month, after all the swelling had gone away and I never really had a problem with it again. I think I may have had one bout with it after I stopped the lasix and they told me I could take it till it went down again. I didnt have any problems of it reoccuring much though. Maybe they are prematurely taking you off of it and so it comes back? Im sorry, i dont know.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl