Swelling

spicyone18

Ok as many of you know I was in the hospital and while I was there I had swelling really bad. At first we thought it was do to the prednisone, well the swelling in my stomach and back went down, then it was just the swelling in my leg and foot. They have done all types of tests on me to figure out what is going on. Checked for blood clots, heart, liver. Well the swelliing went away in my foot, but never completely in my lower leg. Well last night, I noticed the swelling in my stomach, and back and upper leg is coming back. When they checked my liver it showed little abnormal but it has always been abnormal. So my questions is...has anyone else experienced somthing like this? So strange.

spicyone18

Ok as many of you know I was in the hospital and while I was there I had swelling really bad. At first we thought it was do to the prednisone, well the swelling in my stomach and back went down, then it was just the swelling in my leg and foot. They have done all types of tests on me to figure out what is going on. Checked for blood clots, heart, liver. Well the swelliing went away in my foot, but never completely in my lower leg. Well last night, I noticed the swelling in my stomach, and back and upper leg is coming back. When they checked my liver it showed little abnormal but it has always been abnormal. So my questions is...has anyone else experienced somthing like this? So strange.

anonymous

i did once... are you on antibiotics right now..? the reason i was swelling was because i was retaining fluid caused by blood protein levels too low... the anitbiotics they said were killing good stuff as well as the bad and that would cause it... they put me on some medication for that and it went away... i don't know if this is the samething you are having or not...

anonymous

i did once... are you on antibiotics right now..? the reason i was swelling was because i was retaining fluid caused by blood protein levels too low... the anitbiotics they said were killing good stuff as well as the bad and that would cause it... they put me on some medication for that and it went away... i don't know if this is the samething you are having or not...

Lilith

I had an incident like that a while back where my foot just swelled up for no reason. No bug bites, no unusual drugs that would have caused it, nothing. I didn't call my doc, either, I just propped my foot up for a few days and the swelling went away. Still don't understand what could have caused it, but it hasn't happened since. I don't have an explaination for you, but I thought I'd let you know that something similar has happened to someone else.

Lilith

I had an incident like that a while back where my foot just swelled up for no reason. No bug bites, no unusual drugs that would have caused it, nothing. I didn't call my doc, either, I just propped my foot up for a few days and the swelling went away. Still don't understand what could have caused it, but it hasn't happened since. I don't have an explaination for you, but I thought I'd let you know that something similar has happened to someone else.

anonymous

I have been coping with leg and foot swelling for 3 years now. It's very bad. But, it wasn't gradual either. It just came all the sudden one day.
I was wondering-do you have any type of rash with it? Any weird spots or anything?

Christian

anonymous

I have been coping with leg and foot swelling for 3 years now. It's very bad. But, it wasn't gradual either. It just came all the sudden one day.
I was wondering-do you have any type of rash with it? Any weird spots or anything?

Christian

spicyone18

I do have a little rash where my foot was swollen. My foot isnt really swollen anymore, just my legs, stomach and back. My foot was sooo swollen though....no kidding it looked like a cabbage patch doll foot!! I could barely bend my toes. Now it looks normal, but my legs mainly my theigh, back and stomach are swollen. And it just started again last night.

spicyone18

I do have a little rash where my foot was swollen. My foot isnt really swollen anymore, just my legs, stomach and back. My foot was sooo swollen though....no kidding it looked like a cabbage patch doll foot!! I could barely bend my toes. Now it looks normal, but my legs mainly my theigh, back and stomach are swollen. And it just started again last night.

anonymous

What type of rash? (large bumps, small ones, raised or not raised?)
Where do you most often get the swelling?

When I get swollen, I get a rash that looks like small bruise-like dots. Very small purple-reddish dots. But they come in patches. Sometimes I get just a few spots, or my whole foot and thigh turns purple.
It got so bad, that I couldn't walk, so I had to be hospitalized to figure out what it was. It took a large staff 2 weeks to do so. I was DX with Henoch Schonlein Syndrome. Which is a condition that usually only babies get. There is still much speculation if that is what it is or not, though. There is also a CF related condition called Hypertropic-Pulmonary-Osteoarthropy. (that spelling is probably way off!) But it's basically a rare CF related swelling, joint problem with a rash. Some on the staff still think that I might have that.
Regardless of what it is, all I can tell you is that almost nothing can relieve it for me. I just have to rest, lay down and chill. Ice can help a little, also sitting in a hot abth relieves the pain temporarily. NSAID's like Aleve help occasionally. And if I am stressed out, or have a emotional thing happen, it gets worse.

I hope you get some relief. Let me know if you have any other questions. It took literally years to get my problem diagnosed, and I'm happy to help anyone if I can. It's so stressful to deal with something if you're not sure what it is.

Christian

anonymous

What type of rash? (large bumps, small ones, raised or not raised?)
Where do you most often get the swelling?

When I get swollen, I get a rash that looks like small bruise-like dots. Very small purple-reddish dots. But they come in patches. Sometimes I get just a few spots, or my whole foot and thigh turns purple.
It got so bad, that I couldn't walk, so I had to be hospitalized to figure out what it was. It took a large staff 2 weeks to do so. I was DX with Henoch Schonlein Syndrome. Which is a condition that usually only babies get. There is still much speculation if that is what it is or not, though. There is also a CF related condition called Hypertropic-Pulmonary-Osteoarthropy. (that spelling is probably way off!) But it's basically a rare CF related swelling, joint problem with a rash. Some on the staff still think that I might have that.
Regardless of what it is, all I can tell you is that almost nothing can relieve it for me. I just have to rest, lay down and chill. Ice can help a little, also sitting in a hot abth relieves the pain temporarily. NSAID's like Aleve help occasionally. And if I am stressed out, or have a emotional thing happen, it gets worse.

I hope you get some relief. Let me know if you have any other questions. It took literally years to get my problem diagnosed, and I'm happy to help anyone if I can. It's so stressful to deal with something if you're not sure what it is.

Christian

spicyone18

I only have the rash on my foot, no where else that is swollen. The rash on my foot is tiny little red bumps. My feet are no longer swollen, my legs, lower back and stomach are though. Whats really wierd, is that my legs are really hard. They are really swollen that they look soft and squishy, but they are hard as a rock. This swelling has just become a problem it started about 2 weeks ago or so, it started going away and now it seems to be starting over.

spicyone18

I only have the rash on my foot, no where else that is swollen. The rash on my foot is tiny little red bumps. My feet are no longer swollen, my legs, lower back and stomach are though. Whats really wierd, is that my legs are really hard. They are really swollen that they look soft and squishy, but they are hard as a rock. This swelling has just become a problem it started about 2 weeks ago or so, it started going away and now it seems to be starting over.

anonymous

Wow. Well I hope you can find an answer. My CF doctor helped me to get in touch with Rheumetologists. I would try that if this persists. I really hope you get an answer.

Christian

anonymous

Wow. Well I hope you can find an answer. My CF doctor helped me to get in touch with Rheumetologists. I would try that if this persists. I really hope you get an answer.

Christian

spicyone18

Thanks Christian for all your help. My mom suggested a Rheumetologists as well b/c she has artriits, she was dx at 30, so maybe I "caught" that from her too! Who knows. Anyways thanks for all your inputs!

spicyone18

Thanks Christian for all your help. My mom suggested a Rheumetologists as well b/c she has artriits, she was dx at 30, so maybe I "caught" that from her too! Who knows. Anyways thanks for all your inputs!

anonymous

No problem. Let me know what happens if you like.
Family history definately has a role with Rheumetological disorders. They took an extensive family history on me. It turns out I have arthritic disorders everywhere!
I hope you find some answers.

Christian

anonymous

No problem. Let me know what happens if you like.
Family history definately has a role with Rheumetological disorders. They took an extensive family history on me. It turns out I have arthritic disorders everywhere!
I hope you find some answers.

Christian