swimming with a picc

pjspiegle

Ok, I have read some of the other posts.

I personally changed Nathans picc dressing and never had a nurse do it. Mostly because he would't let anyone touch them except me. He still doesn't but now he has a port and I have to change it and place the needle because again, he won't let anyone touch it but me or grandma if I am not around and he has to. So, if you are comfortable doing the dressing change, then I would because I wouldn't want him waiting for the nurse with a wet dresssing.

Also, I was going to say, that I would let him go to a pool to swim, but I would not let him go to a lake to swim.

LOL

pjspiegle

I personally changed Nathans picc dressing and never had a nurse do it. Mostly because he would't let anyone touch them except me. He still doesn't but now he has a port and I have to change it and place the needle because again, he won't let anyone touch it but me or grandma if I am not around and he has to. So, if you are comfortable doing the dressing change, then I would because I wouldn't want him waiting for the nurse with a wet dresssing.

Also, I was going to say, that I would let him go to a pool to swim, but I would not let him go to a lake to swim.

LOL

pjspiegle

LOL

pjspiegle

LOL

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />I personally changed Nathans picc dressing and never had a nurse do it. Mostly because he would't let anyone touch them except me. He still doesn't but now he has a port and I have to change it and place the needle because again, he won't let anyone touch it but me or grandma if I am not around and he has to. So, if you are comfortable doing the dressing change, then I would because I wouldn't want him waiting for the nurse with a wet dresssing.
<br />
<br />Also, I was going to say, that I would let him go to a pool to swim, but I would not let him go to a lake to swim.
<br />
<br />LOL

thefrogprincess

Personally I think taking some extra precautions and letting him wade would be ok, but as for dunking his arm no. I wouldn't do it at least. Lakes would definately be out, and pools can grow nasty things too if they aren't maintained properly. For me personally it wouldn't be worth the risk.

thefrogprincess

Personally I think taking some extra precautions and letting him wade would be ok, but as for dunking his arm no. I wouldn't do it at least. Lakes would definately be out, and pools can grow nasty things too if they aren't maintained properly. For me personally it wouldn't be worth the risk.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

liebe

The two times my daughter had a PICC line we took her swimming. I tried lot's of different things to cover the line and keep it dry, none of them worked so I did a sterile change after each time swimming. The first time she was 3 and the second time she was 5 and I just didn't see any reason to keep her from swimming. Her doctor also said it was OK so long as I did a sterile change after each swim.

liebe

The two times my daughter had a PICC line we took her swimming. I tried lot's of different things to cover the line and keep it dry, none of them worked so I did a sterile change after each time swimming. The first time she was 3 and the second time she was 5 and I just didn't see any reason to keep her from swimming. Her doctor also said it was OK so long as I did a sterile change after each swim.

liebe

liebe

liebe