swine flu...

smoothdave

hello all, nnot posted in a while, but thought i would ask about this before i leave.

i live in scotland and i am flying over to the US on thursday. should i be worried about the seine flu and take extra precautions? i spoke with my doctor / nurse's ect and they said i had nothing to worry about? any feed back from you guys would be great.

cheers...

M/23/cf

smoothdave

hello all, nnot posted in a while, but thought i would ask about this before i leave.

i live in scotland and i am flying over to the US on thursday. should i be worried about the seine flu and take extra precautions? i spoke with my doctor / nurse's ect and they said i had nothing to worry about? any feed back from you guys would be great.

cheers...

M/23/cf

smoothdave

cheers...

M/23/cf

smoothdave

cheers...

M/23/cf

smoothdave

<br />
<br />i live in scotland and i am flying over to the US on thursday. should i be worried about the seine flu and take extra precautions? i spoke with my doctor / nurse's ect and they said i had nothing to worry about? any feed back from you guys would be great.
<br />
<br />cheers...
<br />
<br />M/23/cf

JazzysMom

There are quite a few other threads regarding swine flu & travel. Evidentally its making many people ??? their travel plans.

I believe the Media has it hyped up beyond belief. My understanding is that this strain is not anymore severe then other strains of flu.

The deaths in Mexico are for a few reasons. One probably being lack of medical attention & education. Although flying is always "iffy" when worrying about getting sick...I dont believe this outbreak has made it any worse.

If you can wear a mask that will help a lot. Tons of purell & being aware of those around you.

Search for the other messages on this topic for additional feedback!

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

There are quite a few other threads regarding swine flu & travel. Evidentally its making many people ??? their travel plans.

I believe the Media has it hyped up beyond belief. My understanding is that this strain is not anymore severe then other strains of flu.

The deaths in Mexico are for a few reasons. One probably being lack of medical attention & education. Although flying is always "iffy" when worrying about getting sick...I dont believe this outbreak has made it any worse.

If you can wear a mask that will help a lot. Tons of purell & being aware of those around you.

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

Good Luck!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I believe the Media has it hyped up beyond belief. My understanding is that this strain is not anymore severe then other strains of flu.
<br />
<br />The deaths in Mexico are for a few reasons. One probably being lack of medical attention & education. Although flying is always "iffy" when worrying about getting sick...I dont believe this outbreak has made it any worse.
<br />
<br />If you can wear a mask that will help a lot. Tons of purell & being aware of those around you.
<br />
<br />Search for the other messages on this topic for additional feedback!
<br />
<br />Good Luck!

ladybug

I agree 100% with what Mel said. The media is now saying, in general, this swine flu is no worse (if not even milder) than the influenza we get vaccinated against. Thousands get that flu every year and many die, yet most continue to travel during "flu season". I think this swine flu has been blown way out of proportion.

For your own safety, however, I do suggest a mask. I started wearing one every time I fly so I don't get sick. My doc also recommended sitting toward the front of the plane since the air circulates back toward the rear of the cabin. So, just some things to keep in mind. I also take little lysol wipes and wipe down the seatbelt, handles, etc. None of this has anything to do with swine flu though, but rather with just being OCD about germ control.

Enjoy your trip!

ladybug

I agree 100% with what Mel said. The media is now saying, in general, this swine flu is no worse (if not even milder) than the influenza we get vaccinated against. Thousands get that flu every year and many die, yet most continue to travel during "flu season". I think this swine flu has been blown way out of proportion.

For your own safety, however, I do suggest a mask. I started wearing one every time I fly so I don't get sick. My doc also recommended sitting toward the front of the plane since the air circulates back toward the rear of the cabin. So, just some things to keep in mind. I also take little lysol wipes and wipe down the seatbelt, handles, etc. None of this has anything to do with swine flu though, but rather with just being OCD about germ control.

Enjoy your trip!

ladybug

Enjoy your trip!

ladybug

Enjoy your trip!

ladybug

<br />
<br />For your own safety, however, I do suggest a mask. I started wearing one every time I fly so I don't get sick. My doc also recommended sitting toward the front of the plane since the air circulates back toward the rear of the cabin. So, just some things to keep in mind. I also take little lysol wipes and wipe down the seatbelt, handles, etc. None of this has anything to do with swine flu though, but rather with just being OCD about germ control.
<br />
<br />Enjoy your trip!