Swollen ankles

B

bookworm

I get swollen ankles (and swollen face, especially around the eyes) when exposed to things in the environment that I am allergic to. And I have a lot of allergies.

I take Gotu Kola which relieves both the pain and the swelling. I'm taking it regularly now. Someone on this board recommended as a preventative for hemoptysis. If you do some research on it, you'll see it's quite safe and also that it apparently reduces swelling, especially below the knees. Without it, it can get so painful I can barely walk.

Havoc

There are way too many variables to draw any sort of conclusions. You need to start eliminating things. What did you eat? What did you drink? Have you eaten and drank those things before? In that combination? Do the antihistamines help? Have you changed anything else (medication, environment, body wash, soaps, laundry detergent, perfumes, etc). Do you sit for long periods at a time, perhaps a desk at work? Has that changed since you've started noticing symptoms? Has anything else changed, even something seemingly insignificant?

Havoc

There are way too many variables to draw any sort of conclusions. You need to start eliminating things. What did you eat? What did you drink? Have you eaten and drank those things before? In that combination? Do the antihistamines help? Have you changed anything else (medication, environment, body wash, soaps, laundry detergent, perfumes, etc). Do you sit for long periods at a time, perhaps a desk at work? Has that changed since you've started noticing symptoms? Has anything else changed, even something seemingly insignificant?

Havoc

J

Juniper

Thanks for all your advice. I went back to my GP and he then gave me water tablets as well as antihistamines. it hasn't helped they just get big as the day goes on and are very painfull. So i was at my CF clinic today they think it could be joint pain which is causing the swelling so i've stopped the water tablets and antihistamines and am now on Ibruprofen for 5 days to see if it makes a difference (fingers crossed) . They have also done blood tests for protein in the blood and gout so heres hoping we get to the bottom of it. I'll keep you posted.

J

Juniper

Thanks for all your advice. I went back to my GP and he then gave me water tablets as well as antihistamines. it hasn't helped they just get big as the day goes on and are very painfull. So i was at my CF clinic today they think it could be joint pain which is causing the swelling so i've stopped the water tablets and antihistamines and am now on Ibruprofen for 5 days to see if it makes a difference (fingers crossed) . They have also done blood tests for protein in the blood and gout so heres hoping we get to the bottom of it. I'll keep you posted.

J

Juniper