Taking Insulin

Mockingbird

So I was diagnosed with CFRD a few weeks ago and since then the insulin has been making a huge difference. I'm wondering, though, how important it really is to be rotating the injection sites. My clinic told me if I stick myself in the same place every time it can deelop scar tissue, or something. The problem is every time I go to stick myself, I forget where I did it last time, so I'm sort of just throwing darts, so to speak.

If it's really hugely important, I might work harder at setting up a system; but if it's not a big deal I don't see any point in worrying about it that much.

Mockingbird

So I was diagnosed with CFRD a few weeks ago and since then the insulin has been making a huge difference. I'm wondering, though, how important it really is to be rotating the injection sites. My clinic told me if I stick myself in the same place every time it can deelop scar tissue, or something. The problem is every time I go to stick myself, I forget where I did it last time, so I'm sort of just throwing darts, so to speak.

If it's really hugely important, I might work harder at setting up a system; but if it's not a big deal I don't see any point in worrying about it that much.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

<br />
<br />If it's really hugely important, I might work harder at setting up a system; but if it's not a big deal I don't see any point in worrying about it that much.

Skye

Yes, yes, and yes!!! It is important. You don't want to not be able to stick yourself in any area because you developed scar tissue! rotate in a clockwise fashion so you know where to go next. For example-right thigh, right tummy, left tummy, left thigh. Do yourself a long-term favor and rotate. For your future convenience, rotate. Also....if youa are continuously using the same area...the effectiveness of the insulin can decrease in that spot and you could get some unusual highs.

Karen

Skye

Yes, yes, and yes!!! It is important. You don't want to not be able to stick yourself in any area because you developed scar tissue! rotate in a clockwise fashion so you know where to go next. For example-right thigh, right tummy, left tummy, left thigh. Do yourself a long-term favor and rotate. For your future convenience, rotate. Also....if youa are continuously using the same area...the effectiveness of the insulin can decrease in that spot and you could get some unusual highs.

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

Karen

Skye

<br />
<br />Karen

mariaIIRELAND

I have CFRD 16 years At the start I injected twice daily but now its four times. I have lumps on my legs and stomach. Its very hard injecting 4 times daily cos even though i rotate i still have to do each area every day.

mariaIIRELAND

I have CFRD 16 years At the start I injected twice daily but now its four times. I have lumps on my legs and stomach. Its very hard injecting 4 times daily cos even though i rotate i still have to do each area every day.

mariaIIRELAND

mariaIIRELAND

mariaIIRELAND