Taking testosterone

Enzo2311

I really want to take testosterone, but how can I hint to the drs i need it without me actually saying it?

during school, I have 0 energy. Absolutely 0. I have a hard time gaining muscle, I have noticed decrease appetite, I have a high voice, and I look like I'm 14 when I'm 18.

just recently I've worked out for 2 months and noticed no difference, then from January to may (I stopped on maybe 4th or so) I worked out and noticed no difference. I was eating a ton, but now I notice I'm eating less. About 5 months ago I could easily go through 3-4 cups of chocolate jello instant pudding, now, I find it hard to even eat a cup. I mean I find it hard to eat 1 cup after eating steak or chicken, but a few months ago I could eat chicken or steak and 3-4 cups of instant jello chocolate pudding. Even cereal, before, I could eat a whole bowl of frosted mini wheats, but no, it's hard to even eat half a bowl.

Twistofchaos

Having a hard time eating very likely has something to do with summer. It's hard to eat when it's very warm.
Working out for 2 months is nothing, let's see in a couple years. But the fact that you aren't seeing results from working out I will guarantee you are from not eating right.
And so there is absolutely no point in thinking of hormone treatment when training and diet are no where near where they should be. Injecting testosterone will require that you are very knowledgeable about both because you have to work out Heavier and you have to eat MORE than you do now. It's no magic.

Other then that just ask your doctor to poke you for free testosterone and explain why you want that.
I did too and mine is slightly low however I grow a full beard and have plenty manly features. Conversely there are people with high pitched voices and no beardgrowth at all but have soaring testosterone levels. It's not immediately related. As well as with my slightly low levels I'm still able to put on 20+ pounds of muscle naturally. Women are also able to grow quite a bit of muscle naturally, and their testosteron is even much lower.

Enzo2311

Having a hard time eating very likely has something to do with summer. It's hard to eat when it's very warm.
Working out for 2 months is nothing, let's see in a couple years. But the fact that you aren't seeing results from working out I will guarantee you are from not eating right.
And so there is absolutely no point in thinking of hormone treatment when training and diet are no where near where they should be. Injecting testosterone will require that you are very knowledgeable about both because you have to work out Heavier and you have to eat MORE than you do now. It's no magic.

Other then that just ask your doctor to poke you for free testosterone and explain why you want that.
I did too and mine is slightly low however I grow a full beard and have plenty manly features. Conversely there are people with high pitched voices and no beardgrowth at all but have soaring testosterone levels. It's not immediately related. As well as with my slightly low levels I'm still able to put on 20+ pounds of muscle naturally. Women are also able to grow quite a bit of muscle naturally, and their testosteron is even much lower.
i also believe I have almost no libido. Like, when TV shows mention how all they thought about was sex when they were teenagers, I think, I've never been like that. I rarely think about sex. I honestly believe I could go with sex for another 18 years, I'm in no hurry cause I feel no rush.

Scorp

Don't be surprised.....

As Twist said, have your Dr. check it, no big deal... I asked to have mine checked about a month ago. Mine was in the very normal range. So chances are probably yours will be in the lower normal range. And it seems as long as it falls anywhere in the (Drs.) normal range they just will not give you any kind of hormone therapy. At least that was my experience. I am not sure how much the "CF circle" knows about hormones and the CF patient. As so many things that are normal for people without CF, just are not the same for us... But most Primary care physicians have no knowledge of that. WE ARE NOT NORMAL..........

MichaelL

I have been having low libido for almost a year. My CF doctor referred me to an endocrinologist. He tested my testosterone, which was at the lower end of normal. He tested several other things and ultimately decided my issue was way too much inhaled steroids -- Advair and Pulmicort.

Your sex drive sounds very low for your age. However, healthy people have different levels of libido and your situation may just be the way you are. It could also be caused by low testosterone or something else. I would speak with your doctor about it and see where it goes.

If you're not already familiar with him, take a look at the archive of Savage Love letters on the Stranger website. Dan Savage has talked about people with low libido in the past.