Talking to Children about CF issues

jimiv

My son is 9yo and has been dxed with CF since he was 6 months old. His symptoms have not interfered with most of his daily life and that is a big issue for him. He is trying to minimize its impact. He does not want his friends to know he has it and he does not want people to see what medications he has to take with food and such. He will hide his vest when other kids come over. I am becomming more concerned because it looks like he is going to need a feeding tube. I have started to talk about it with him about it so when his mother and I make the decision about when to do this (probably Jan or Feb) he will be somewhat prepared. He wants to do the NG tube rather than a G tube because he does not want surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about what I should be talking to him about? His doctor is recommending a G tube and I tend to agree. What would be good ways of convincing him to consider this seriously? Thanks

Jim, father of Parker 9yo w/CF

jimiv

My son is 9yo and has been dxed with CF since he was 6 months old. His symptoms have not interfered with most of his daily life and that is a big issue for him. He is trying to minimize its impact. He does not want his friends to know he has it and he does not want people to see what medications he has to take with food and such. He will hide his vest when other kids come over. I am becomming more concerned because it looks like he is going to need a feeding tube. I have started to talk about it with him about it so when his mother and I make the decision about when to do this (probably Jan or Feb) he will be somewhat prepared. He wants to do the NG tube rather than a G tube because he does not want surgery. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about what I should be talking to him about? His doctor is recommending a G tube and I tend to agree. What would be good ways of convincing him to consider this seriously? Thanks

jimiv

jimiv

jimiv

kenna

i can't give you much info i am just 10 years old but is he eating right? i keep my vest and all that in my room but i don't have friends come over but my brothers do sorry i don't think i can help you

kenna

i can't give you much info i am just 10 years old but is he eating right? i keep my vest and all that in my room but i don't have friends come over but my brothers do sorry i don't think i can help you

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna

kenna