Tall CFers?

P

pencf

My daughter is 16, 5'6" and 107 (maybe 108) and I am hoping she will grow just a bit more, think she could be a great model, and WILL NEVER have to starve herself to keep her lean and trim body. She did have stunted growth before diagnosis, but once we got her straightened out and got her one enzymes and treatments, she grew like a weed, wider and taller!<br>

P

pencf

My daughter is 16, 5'6" and 107 (maybe 108) and I am hoping she will grow just a bit more, think she could be a great model, and WILL NEVER have to starve herself to keep her lean and trim body. She did have stunted growth before diagnosis, but once we got her straightened out and got her one enzymes and treatments, she grew like a weed, wider and taller!<br>

D

DebbieS

I think once you have the digestion part tended to, your height doesn't get affected by your CF as much as your genetics. I'm 35, 5'6", and 110 lbs, and I remember that every time I gained some weight while growing up, I'd shoot up and be skinnier than I was before! Was very frustrating until I finally reached my adult height and then things started to balance out.

I do think that a longer torso, usually associated with greater height, makes breathing easier because there's more room for your lungs to expand. Is that just fanciful thinking? Who knows.

Btw, I still grew a quarter of an inch at around age 26. I was shocked!

D

DebbieS

I think once you have the digestion part tended to, your height doesn't get affected by your CF as much as your genetics. I'm 35, 5'6", and 110 lbs, and I remember that every time I gained some weight while growing up, I'd shoot up and be skinnier than I was before! Was very frustrating until I finally reached my adult height and then things started to balance out.

I do think that a longer torso, usually associated with greater height, makes breathing easier because there's more room for your lungs to expand. Is that just fanciful thinking? Who knows.

Btw, I still grew a quarter of an inch at around age 26. I was shocked!

D

DebbieS

<br />
<br />I do think that a longer torso, usually associated with greater height, makes breathing easier because there's more room for your lungs to expand. Is that just fanciful thinking? Who knows.
<br />
<br />Btw, I still grew a quarter of an inch at around age 26. I was shocked!

Andrea2XCFers

my boys are 6'4" and 6'2"...but then, the whole family is tall! They were predicted to be 6'7", so maybe CF kept them a little shorter? I think their early height actually kept us from diagnosis...doctors kept saying "but they aren't failing to thrive...look how tall they are!" (eyes rolling)

Andrea2XCFers

my boys are 6'4" and 6'2"...but then, the whole family is tall! They were predicted to be 6'7", so maybe CF kept them a little shorter? I think their early height actually kept us from diagnosis...doctors kept saying "but they aren't failing to thrive...look how tall they are!" (eyes rolling)

CysticlyFIT

I'm 5'4"myself, my mom is 5'1", and my gran 5'0".

My older two sisters are around 5'6"-5'8", and my dad almost 6 ft, my brother is 5'8. I seem to be between my mom, and grandma's height mixed with my dad, -as both my sisters take after my dad in height.

I don't think CF affects height --per-say,-- however poor nutrition, and extreme malnutrition without any enzymes definitely will for prolong periods as a child or teen,- plus extremely poor vitamins will permanently stunt height.

But with enzymes,- even decently taken, helps alot as child/teen, even if the weight is not so hot.... your absorbing something and the body will use it for it most vital of things, .

CysticlyFIT

I'm 5'4"myself, my mom is 5'1", and my gran 5'0".

My older two sisters are around 5'6"-5'8", and my dad almost 6 ft, my brother is 5'8. I seem to be between my mom, and grandma's height mixed with my dad, -as both my sisters take after my dad in height.

I don't think CF affects height --per-say,-- however poor nutrition, and extreme malnutrition without any enzymes definitely will for prolong periods as a child or teen,- plus extremely poor vitamins will permanently stunt height.

But with enzymes,- even decently taken, helps alot as child/teen, even if the weight is not so hot.... your absorbing something and the body will use it for it most vital of things, .

sahein79

I am 32 and 5'11" and weigh 157. I have been this tall since I was 14. Very tall for a young woman.

Samantha 32 w/CF

sahein79

I am 32 and 5'11" and weigh 157. I have been this tall since I was 14. Very tall for a young woman.

Samantha 32 w/CF