Tamiflu, would you/have you taken it when you got the flu?

rcq925

Hayley age, 5, came home from school yesterday feeling bad and has ben running a fever ever since, even with Tylenol and Motrin every four hours alternating. I am giong to call the doctor and hope he is on call this weekend and ask for Tami Flu, just curious if anyone has used it recently. Did it help?

She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.

So any info you have on Tami flu would be great! Thanks in advance!

rcq925

Hayley age, 5, came home from school yesterday feeling bad and has ben running a fever ever since, even with Tylenol and Motrin every four hours alternating. I am giong to call the doctor and hope he is on call this weekend and ask for Tami Flu, just curious if anyone has used it recently. Did it help?

She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.

rcq925

rcq925

rcq925

<br />
<br />She is miserable. Circles under the eyes, sore throat, dry cough. It is probably H1N1, it has really been going around here in Indiana alot this week. She had the first shot for the vaccine last Friday, but needs another one in a month.
<br />
<br />So any info you have on Tami flu would be great! Thanks in advance!

Buckeye

My son w/cf, my husband and myself all took the Tamiflu. Difference is that my son got it shortly after showing symptons and testing positive for H1N1 and my husband and I took it about 4 days into the flu. My son felt really bad for 2-3 days and then bounced right back. My husband and I felt really, really, really bad for 4-5 days and slowly have been feeling better and better. It's been three weeks now since we got the flu and I still feel like I'm not 100% over it yet.

Buckeye

My son w/cf, my husband and myself all took the Tamiflu. Difference is that my son got it shortly after showing symptons and testing positive for H1N1 and my husband and I took it about 4 days into the flu. My son felt really bad for 2-3 days and then bounced right back. My husband and I felt really, really, really bad for 4-5 days and slowly have been feeling better and better. It's been three weeks now since we got the flu and I still feel like I'm not 100% over it yet.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

S

sdelorenzo

Absolutely get the tamiflu started. It made such a difference for my kids when they had the flu. We started the tamiflu immediately after they started fever and were diagnosed. The flu (fever, vomiting, small cough) only lasted about 12-24 hours. My kids cf dr gave both my kids a prescription for tamiflu in the summer so we would be able to give the med as soon as they sick. Hope Hayley feels better soon. Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 9 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Absolutely get the tamiflu started. It made such a difference for my kids when they had the flu. We started the tamiflu immediately after they started fever and were diagnosed. The flu (fever, vomiting, small cough) only lasted about 12-24 hours. My kids cf dr gave both my kids a prescription for tamiflu in the summer so we would be able to give the med as soon as they sick. Hope Hayley feels better soon. Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 9 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've been told to take it if we're just EXPOSED to someone with the flu. Two years ago when the vaccine didn't cover Influenza A, a coworker showed up at meetings and sat next to me and DH and then one of DS' classmates had it as well. So we all went on it.

It's my understanding to take it as soon as the symptoms show up -- fever, dry cough... When DH had h1n1 a few weeks ago, he took it and said his lungs felt better immediately. He was able to cough out all the junk that had been causing him issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We've been told to take it if we're just EXPOSED to someone with the flu. Two years ago when the vaccine didn't cover Influenza A, a coworker showed up at meetings and sat next to me and DH and then one of DS' classmates had it as well. So we all went on it.

It's my understanding to take it as soon as the symptoms show up -- fever, dry cough... When DH had h1n1 a few weeks ago, he took it and said his lungs felt better immediately. He was able to cough out all the junk that had been causing him issues.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />It's my understanding to take it as soon as the symptoms show up -- fever, dry cough... When DH had h1n1 a few weeks ago, he took it and said his lungs felt better immediately. He was able to cough out all the junk that had been causing him issues.