Tap Water

briarrose

We just got a nebulizer for the first time at our clinic. Our respiratory therapist told us to wash with warm/hot tap water and dish soap, rinse them with tap water, and then use a baby bottle sterilizer with distilled water to sterilize the pieces. The sterilization should kill anything that the tap water left on them after it was washed.

She said our other option is to wash them with tap water and dish soap, rinse, and then bring a pot of water to boiling, drop in the pieces, and let the water be at a rolling boil for 5 minutes.

briarrose

We just got a nebulizer for the first time at our clinic. Our respiratory therapist told us to wash with warm/hot tap water and dish soap, rinse them with tap water, and then use a baby bottle sterilizer with distilled water to sterilize the pieces. The sterilization should kill anything that the tap water left on them after it was washed.

She said our other option is to wash them with tap water and dish soap, rinse, and then bring a pot of water to boiling, drop in the pieces, and let the water be at a rolling boil for 5 minutes.

kitomd21

We boil DD's neb pieces...not worried about the tap water thing. We spray the mask with PureGreen24 to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi while the neb parts boil. I rinse the mask with the boiled water.

kitomd21

We boil DD's neb pieces...not worried about the tap water thing. We spray the mask with PureGreen24 to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi while the neb parts boil. I rinse the mask with the boiled water.

K

kgfrompa

<br>I also use tap water I have not been told other wise But I will bring it up next time I go to ClinicI always get something new to think about. Thanks

K

kgfrompa

<br>I also use tap water I have not been told other wise But I will bring it up next time I go to ClinicI always get something new to think about. Thanks

JennifersHope

I will just say this, MAC is often found in tap water, it is a nasty pain in the butt to treat, as I have been doing IV's for five months and my bacteria count is still high .... I personally might be paranoid, but I do not use tap water to clean my nebs any more....

I also change my shower head on a regular basis, and dunk it in bleach regularly...

I will have to look to see what temperature and for how long it needs to boil to effectively kill the MAC and thet other NTM I am culturing...

JennifersHope

I will just say this, MAC is often found in tap water, it is a nasty pain in the butt to treat, as I have been doing IV's for five months and my bacteria count is still high .... I personally might be paranoid, but I do not use tap water to clean my nebs any more....

I also change my shower head on a regular basis, and dunk it in bleach regularly...

I will have to look to see what temperature and for how long it needs to boil to effectively kill the MAC and thet other NTM I am culturing...

tesorotiffa

People have been cleaning and sterilizing nebulizers long before distilled water and bottled water became readily available, before there were dishwashers in almost every home, and before the convenience of portable sterilizers. They'll be fine.

tesorotiffa

People have been cleaning and sterilizing nebulizers long before distilled water and bottled water became readily available, before there were dishwashers in almost every home, and before the convenience of portable sterilizers. They'll be fine.