Taste...

Breezy

The last week i've noticed a faint taste/smell to my mucus, both from my lungs and my nose. I know that sometimes it is normal, but i'm wondering if it could be a sign on an infection or something? Like i said in my other topic, my mucus production and colour is normal...but still.....the odour and taste is getting annoying.....do you have any idea what it could possibly be???

Oh yes i should also mention that i can't taste or smell anything either....now i don't know if it's just b/c the weather is changing or whatnot, as sometimes i can experience the absense of smell and taste from 'outside' things....it 'smells' and 'tastes' when it's still in me....but once i cough it out it doesn't have an odour or anything.....THANX!

Breezy

The last week i've noticed a faint taste/smell to my mucus, both from my lungs and my nose. I know that sometimes it is normal, but i'm wondering if it could be a sign on an infection or something? Like i said in my other topic, my mucus production and colour is normal...but still.....the odour and taste is getting annoying.....do you have any idea what it could possibly be???

Oh yes i should also mention that i can't taste or smell anything either....now i don't know if it's just b/c the weather is changing or whatnot, as sometimes i can experience the absense of smell and taste from 'outside' things....it 'smells' and 'tastes' when it's still in me....but once i cough it out it doesn't have an odour or anything.....THANX!

Breezy

NoExcuses

sometimes mine will taste salty.

sometimes it tastes like PA.

sometimes like the NAC I take (which confuses me cuz that tastes like what blood does so I have to make sure and check the color...... 99 times out of 100 it's just the NAC taste).

right now it tastes like my cold.

it's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

NoExcuses

sometimes like the NAC I take (which confuses me cuz that tastes like what blood does so I have to make sure and check the color...... 99 times out of 100 it's just the NAC taste).

NoExcuses

EKBamberg

Mucous will smell bad depending on how old is. I'm not sure why, but it does. It could be a waste product of the bacteria, or just the result of the breakdown of organic material. Also, I don't really have a sense of smell either. It's cause my naval cavities are clogged; my doc thinks it's cause I'm allergic to something in the air. It is allergy season so that might be the case for you too. Try nasonex or flonase or something like that.

EKBamberg

Mucous will smell bad depending on how old is. I'm not sure why, but it does. It could be a waste product of the bacteria, or just the result of the breakdown of organic material. Also, I don't really have a sense of smell either. It's cause my naval cavities are clogged; my doc thinks it's cause I'm allergic to something in the air. It is allergy season so that might be the case for you too. Try nasonex or flonase or something like that.

EKBamberg

mom2lillian

I will get this when there is something 'stuck' that I cna't get out but it is part way there if that makes any sense. I also get this when I dont drink a ton of water which I do daily but a few hours without drinking water and I can 'taste' it.

mom2lillian

I will get this when there is something 'stuck' that I cna't get out but it is part way there if that makes any sense. I also get this when I dont drink a ton of water which I do daily but a few hours without drinking water and I can 'taste' it.

mom2lillian

JazzysMom

For the last week I have some nasty taste, but I know its coming from my sinuses because crap has been breaking loose that to the average person would send them into panic mode.

JazzysMom

For the last week I have some nasty taste, but I know its coming from my sinuses because crap has been breaking loose that to the average person would send them into panic mode.