Test results (anyone tell me what they mean please)

mom2my3kids

Well we received the official test results for my son Xander who is 9 weeks old. They told me over the phone that he does have CF and set our first clinic date for Dec. 1st. They did try and explain the results but I guess it would easier in person. They would send them to me for my records. Well they make absolutely no sense so I thought you all could help figure them out...

They say the following: Two alterations, both predicted to be deleterious:
1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)

2) The 5/7T and 10TG/12TG intron 8 variants were detected.

Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.

Anyone know what this means exactly?

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Well we received the official test results for my son Xander who is 9 weeks old. They told me over the phone that he does have CF and set our first clinic date for Dec. 1st. They did try and explain the results but I guess it would easier in person. They would send them to me for my records. Well they make absolutely no sense so I thought you all could help figure them out...

1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)

Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

<br />
<br />They say the following: Two alterations, both predicted to be deleterious:
<br />1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)
<br />
<br />2) The 5/7T and 10TG/12TG intron 8 variants were detected.
<br />
<br />Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.
<br />
<br />Anyone know what this means exactly?
<br />
<br />Thanks!