Test results (anyone tell me what they mean please)

mom2my3kids

Well we received the official test results for my son Xander who is 9 weeks old. They told me over the phone that he does have CF and set our first clinic date for Dec. 1st. They did try and explain the results but I guess it would easier in person. They would send them to me for my records. Well they make absolutely no sense so I thought you al1 could help figure them out...

They say the following: Two alterations, both predicted to be deleterious:
1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)

2) The 5/7T and 10TG/12TG intron 8 variants were detected.

Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.

Anyone know what this means exactly?

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Well we received the official test results for my son Xander who is 9 weeks old. They told me over the phone that he does have CF and set our first clinic date for Dec. 1st. They did try and explain the results but I guess it would easier in person. They would send them to me for my records. Well they make absolutely no sense so I thought you al1 could help figure them out...

1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)

Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

Thanks!

mom2my3kids

<br />
<br />They say the following: Two alterations, both predicted to be deleterious:
<br />1)A heterozygous deletion of CTT at nucleotide 1653-1655 resulting in an in-frame deletion at codon 508 in exon 10 of the CFTR gene (1653-1655 del CTT, F508del)
<br />
<br />2) The 5/7T and 10TG/12TG intron 8 variants were detected.
<br />
<br />Two changes from the "normal" or wild type of the CFTR gene were detected inthis sample.
<br />
<br />Anyone know what this means exactly?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

M

Mommafirst

HI Jana -

I know its confusing and overwhelming and I'm no expert. . .. but what I see is that your son has CF with the df508 gene and a 5T variant. Together these work together to impact the function of the CFTR.

I don't know what kind of information this combination provides. Pretty much just confirms that he has CF.

M

Mommafirst

HI Jana -

I know its confusing and overwhelming and I'm no expert. . .. but what I see is that your son has CF with the df508 gene and a 5T variant. Together these work together to impact the function of the CFTR.

I don't know what kind of information this combination provides. Pretty much just confirms that he has CF.

M

Mommafirst

HI Jana -

M

Mommafirst

HI Jana -

M

Mommafirst

HI Jana -
<br />
<br />I know its confusing and overwhelming and I'm no expert. . .. but what I see is that your son has CF with the df508 gene and a 5T variant. Together these work together to impact the function of the CFTR.
<br />
<br />I don't know what kind of information this combination provides. Pretty much just confirms that he has CF.

H

hopesiris

Hi,

If I understand correctly there is DF508 and 5T/TG12. That is what I have. I know of 2 other adults with this combination but at least one has a polymorphism M470 (I think) that I do not have. From what I've read that can make symptoms a little more pronounced.

My sweat test was 36. I have no bronchiectasis yet but I do culture for staph aureus. My sinuses run and I had sinus surgery once to open my passages. I'm pancreatic sufficient.

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Hi,

If I understand correctly there is DF508 and 5T/TG12. That is what I have. I know of 2 other adults with this combination but at least one has a polymorphism M470 (I think) that I do not have. From what I've read that can make symptoms a little more pronounced.

My sweat test was 36. I have no bronchiectasis yet but I do culture for staph aureus. My sinuses run and I had sinus surgery once to open my passages. I'm pancreatic sufficient.

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Hi,

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Hi,

Bonnie

H

hopesiris

Hi,
<br />
<br />If I understand correctly there is DF508 and 5T/TG12. That is what I have. I know of 2 other adults with this combination but at least one has a polymorphism M470 (I think) that I do not have. From what I've read that can make symptoms a little more pronounced.
<br />
<br />My sweat test was 36. I have no bronchiectasis yet but I do culture for staph aureus. My sinuses run and I had sinus surgery once to open my passages. I'm pancreatic sufficient.
<br />
<br />Bonnie