Testing for Diabetes

Mommy2Alysa

They have no clue why Alysa is not responding to all the antibotics she has been on (even in hospital) I mean she is improving and looks "like a normal, healthy 3 year old" but they are still concerned so they have decided to test her for diabetes.

They say it is a long short and are pretty sure she wont have it but I heard that before when they were talking about doing a sweat test on her.

Anyone else dealing with this or have a child/family member/anyone? who has CF and diabetes? SHe also has asthma.. gosh hasnt she been through enough?

Mommy2Alysa

They have no clue why Alysa is not responding to all the antibotics she has been on (even in hospital) I mean she is improving and looks "like a normal, healthy 3 year old" but they are still concerned so they have decided to test her for diabetes.

They say it is a long short and are pretty sure she wont have it but I heard that before when they were talking about doing a sweat test on her.

Anyone else dealing with this or have a child/family member/anyone? who has CF and diabetes? SHe also has asthma.. gosh hasnt she been through enough?

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />They say it is a long short and are pretty sure she wont have it but I heard that before when they were talking about doing a sweat test on her.
<br />
<br />Anyone else dealing with this or have a child/family member/anyone? who has CF and diabetes? SHe also has asthma.. gosh hasnt she been through enough?

M

Mommafirst

I'm so sorry she is dealing with this. You are dealing with this. I have an online friend who doesn't come to this forum, but whose son has CF. He's 2 years old and also has asthma and has had several occasions where he went into a diabetic coma from his blood sugar dropping too low. They have not diagnosed diabetes at this point, are calling it hypoglycemia, but it seems pretty likely that he will have diabetes as well. She's pretty new to this as well, so I don't really have any advice to give you.

M

Mommafirst

I'm so sorry she is dealing with this. You are dealing with this. I have an online friend who doesn't come to this forum, but whose son has CF. He's 2 years old and also has asthma and has had several occasions where he went into a diabetic coma from his blood sugar dropping too low. They have not diagnosed diabetes at this point, are calling it hypoglycemia, but it seems pretty likely that he will have diabetes as well. She's pretty new to this as well, so I don't really have any advice to give you.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst