Testosterone or Anabolic steroids

nhaggard07

I have recently started hormone replacement therapy. For the past two years I have had 0 sex drive and I'm 23 year olds. That was the main symptom that led me to get my testosterone checked, even though I can place a check to all the other symptoms that go along with low t such as lethargy, etc.. those other symptoms can easily be ignored and stored under the "cf problems" file. Anyway, I had my testosterone checked two weeks ago and to no suprise, it was low. My doctor was trying to avoid addressing the issue even with the test results as proof, but my family began swamping his office with calls and made him face the music lol. Now I'm taking testosterone enthanate intramuscular injections twice a week. It has only been a week now and I dont see much improvment but with the ester of the testosterone im using it usually takes a good 3 weeks to build up in your system and be noticable.
Now, the point of my post is- Get yourself checked. Like I said, most all of the low testosterone symptoms can trick you in to thinking they are cf related because the side effects totally coincide! All you need to do is ask for a blood test to be done and its as simple a blood test as any! Any doctor can order this test for you to be done. I have been combing the internet and I'm starting to see a trend of men with cystic fibrosis having low testosterone. I am in no way knowledgeable enough to flat-out say males with cf have a tendency to have low testosterone because I have no authority to make that judgement. BUT, its such a simple blood test and easy thing to check so why not do it?
As said before I have only been on the testosterone for exactly a week today. I will repost in two weeks from today to give a status update and will be periodically doing status updates to keep everyone informed. Obviously I realistically dont believe this will drastically change the condition of my cf and health, but if the testosterone is successful, it will definatley be another tool that may help some people with their cf battle. Hopefully some men with cf on here will heed my advice and take the 5 minutes out of their next clinic appointments and get their testosterone levels checked. You never know, and it doesnt hurt to find out. If all your levels turn out fine, Great! But for the few (if any) that come to find out their levels are low, It will make me glad that I took the ten minutes out of my day to make this post.

nhaggard07

I have recently started hormone replacement therapy. For the past two years I have had 0 sex drive and I'm 23 year olds. That was the main symptom that led me to get my testosterone checked, even though I can place a check to all the other symptoms that go along with low t such as lethargy, etc.. those other symptoms can easily be ignored and stored under the "cf problems" file. Anyway, I had my testosterone checked two weeks ago and to no suprise, it was low. My doctor was trying to avoid addressing the issue even with the test results as proof, but my family began swamping his office with calls and made him face the music lol. Now I'm taking testosterone enthanate intramuscular injections twice a week. It has only been a week now and I dont see much improvment but with the ester of the testosterone im using it usually takes a good 3 weeks to build up in your system and be noticable.
Now, the point of my post is- Get yourself checked. Like I said, most all of the low testosterone symptoms can trick you in to thinking they are cf related because the side effects totally coincide! All you need to do is ask for a blood test to be done and its as simple a blood test as any! Any doctor can order this test for you to be done. I have been combing the internet and I'm starting to see a trend of men with cystic fibrosis having low testosterone. I am in no way knowledgeable enough to flat-out say males with cf have a tendency to have low testosterone because I have no authority to make that judgement. BUT, its such a simple blood test and easy thing to check so why not do it?
As said before I have only been on the testosterone for exactly a week today. I will repost in two weeks from today to give a status update and will be periodically doing status updates to keep everyone informed. Obviously I realistically dont believe this will drastically change the condition of my cf and health, but if the testosterone is successful, it will definatley be another tool that may help some people with their cf battle. Hopefully some men with cf on here will heed my advice and take the 5 minutes out of their next clinic appointments and get their testosterone levels checked. You never know, and it doesnt hurt to find out. If all your levels turn out fine, Great! But for the few (if any) that come to find out their levels are low, It will make me glad that I took the ten minutes out of my day to make this post.

Lex

It will lead to muscle gain, which is great for CF'ers. However, too much muscle will back-fire because muscle requires oxygen. Extra muscle (beyond normal range) isn't good for low PFTs.

If a doc has RX'ed the hormones, then chances are you'll put on just a few pounds.

Lex

It will lead to muscle gain, which is great for CF'ers. However, too much muscle will back-fire because muscle requires oxygen. Extra muscle (beyond normal range) isn't good for low PFTs.

If a doc has RX'ed the hormones, then chances are you'll put on just a few pounds.

nhaggard07

im not going to say that your wrong, but your definately not right. Thanks for your 2cents.
Just to remind everyone, This is mostly informative. Im not really looking for peoples googled opinions or underqualified medical input. My point is that its an easy test to take so do it, and everyone has different goals and will all have different results. Obviously I made this thread for people who test low on testosterone so they can find that out and get to normal, not for people trying to "Muscle Up". I added the anabolic steroids part to garther more informative people to this thread. If you know anything about anabolics you definately know about testosterone..
All results are different. My brother started his hrt about 6mo ago and he had put on 20lbs in first two months. It increases appetite. <span style="text-decoration: underline;">All results are different!!

nhaggard07

im not going to say that your wrong, but your definately not right. Thanks for your 2cents.
Just to remind everyone, This is mostly informative. Im not really looking for peoples googled opinions or underqualified medical input. My point is that its an easy test to take so do it, and everyone has different goals and will all have different results. Obviously I made this thread for people who test low on testosterone so they can find that out and get to normal, not for people trying to "Muscle Up". I added the anabolic steroids part to garther more informative people to this thread. If you know anything about anabolics you definately know about testosterone..
All results are different. My brother started his hrt about 6mo ago and he had put on 20lbs in first two months. It increases appetite. <span style="text-decoration: underline;">All results are different!!

Incomudrox

Ummm Lex was actually a professional bodybuilder who did competitions, and did HRT before his TX. Lex had an amazing body in his prime. He does actually know what he is talking about first hand. If you didn't want "opinions and under-qualified medical input" what did you come here for? This is a forum of people who are NOT doctors. Also since you are apparently able to give qualified medical input you shouldn't need to ask questions!

That being said, I am getting the results from mine back on 3/1/12 and meeting with the Endo Dr.

Incomudrox

Ummm Lex was actually a professional bodybuilder who did competitions, and did HRT before his TX. Lex had an amazing body in his prime. He does actually know what he is talking about first hand. If you didn't want "opinions and under-qualified medical input" what did you come here for? This is a forum of people who are NOT doctors. Also since you are apparently able to give qualified medical input you shouldn't need to ask questions!

That being said, I am getting the results from mine back on 3/1/12 and meeting with the Endo Dr.

A

Allansarmy

My reply will probably be completely irrelevant. I do not have CF (my son does, and that is why I come to these forums).
Now having said that. I had the symptoms back in my late 20's but I ignored them, but when I had all of the typical symptoms I couldn't ignore it any longer. So I was diagnosed with hypogonadism at 34 years of age andI am 41 now.
I was curious as to why your doctor chose enanthate and not cypionate. I know the cypionate<span>has a slightly slower release and longer active life. I also know that cypionate is really common to get in the states but over seas they choose enanthate.
I also understand every doctor has to treat their patient on an individual bases. I tried the gels and they did not work for me. I tried the injections at first monthly at 200mg (didn't budge my Test). He finally had me doing 100mg of Cypionate every week just to keep my levels average around 600 (with a reference range from 294 - 1000) of course depending on which lab you went to.
Just make sure you keep on the meds whatever your prescribed. Don't do what I did and try to come off the stuff and just hope your body goes back to being normal. I did this about 4 years ago and my levels went down to 130 and I lost muscle mass (about 10 pounds) had Zero sex drive, extreme fatigue, moody, no desire to do any physical activity, and foggy thinking.
Quick question for you or maybe some advice for you to look into. Have you considered BHRT (Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy)? I have been doing this for 2 years now. Basically they implant small pellets in the upper outer quadrant of your buttocks. Most men end up getting between 6-9 of the 200mg pellets (about the size of a tic tak). Sounds like a huge dose, but basically your body absorbs it over time and it keeps your levels a bit more equal. The injections work "Ok" but the pellets for me work a bit better and I don't have to do them but every 3-4 months and my levels are around 800-850 and my Free Testosterone is perfect. Took about a month to notice anything but after that month I feel great for 3 months. So I am trying to get more into a rythm. Some doctors know absolutely nothing about the pellet therapy and some are well versed, so you may have to do some research as to who offers it in your area. Some places have you pay by the year, and some pay every quarter.
Just wanted to give some input from yet another guy with low test.

A

Allansarmy

My reply will probably be completely irrelevant. I do not have CF (my son does, and that is why I come to these forums).
Now having said that. I had the symptoms back in my late 20's but I ignored them, but when I had all of the typical symptoms I couldn't ignore it any longer. So I was diagnosed with hypogonadism at 34 years of age andI am 41 now.
I was curious as to why your doctor chose enanthate and not cypionate. I know the cypionate<span>has a slightly slower release and longer active life. I also know that cypionate is really common to get in the states but over seas they choose enanthate.
I also understand every doctor has to treat their patient on an individual bases. I tried the gels and they did not work for me. I tried the injections at first monthly at 200mg (didn't budge my Test). He finally had me doing 100mg of Cypionate every week just to keep my levels average around 600 (with a reference range from 294 - 1000) of course depending on which lab you went to.
Just make sure you keep on the meds whatever your prescribed. Don't do what I did and try to come off the stuff and just hope your body goes back to being normal. I did this about 4 years ago and my levels went down to 130 and I lost muscle mass (about 10 pounds) had Zero sex drive, extreme fatigue, moody, no desire to do any physical activity, and foggy thinking.
Quick question for you or maybe some advice for you to look into. Have you considered BHRT (Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy)? I have been doing this for 2 years now. Basically they implant small pellets in the upper outer quadrant of your buttocks. Most men end up getting between 6-9 of the 200mg pellets (about the size of a tic tak). Sounds like a huge dose, but basically your body absorbs it over time and it keeps your levels a bit more equal. The injections work "Ok" but the pellets for me work a bit better and I don't have to do them but every 3-4 months and my levels are around 800-850 and my Free Testosterone is perfect. Took about a month to notice anything but after that month I feel great for 3 months. So I am trying to get more into a rythm. Some doctors know absolutely nothing about the pellet therapy and some are well versed, so you may have to do some research as to who offers it in your area. Some places have you pay by the year, and some pay every quarter.
Just wanted to give some input from yet another guy with low test.

B

BigAir

I am 55 with CF and have been taking low dose testosterone shots for over 10 years and it DOES make a difference in your overall well being (at least for me it does)
BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY...

JERRY
www.jerrycahill.com
www.cfwindsprints.com

B

BigAir

I am 55 with CF and have been taking low dose testosterone shots for over 10 years and it DOES make a difference in your overall well being (at least for me it does)
BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY...

JERRY
www.jerrycahill.com
www.cfwindsprints.com

nhaggard07

Wow, such hostility for no reason? Ok.
Maybe go back and re-read my post and if you try real hard you can find the point of my post.
As I've said before, I'm not qualified to give medical advice but the point of my post is to shed some light on the issue of testosterone and the simpleness of getting it checked and what positive or negative things I may expierience from its use. And like I habe also said before, every person who takes any substance willhave different effects/outcomes from its use. *and you can quote me as saying that IS a fact. So my reply to Lex was valid when he gave a perimeter as saying you will only put on a few pounds when the outcome can be anything and it would be disadventagous for anyone to take such advice.
Sorry for any misspellings, tryin to reply on cellular phone

nhaggard07

Wow, such hostility for no reason? Ok.
Maybe go back and re-read my post and if you try real hard you can find the point of my post.
As I've said before, I'm not qualified to give medical advice but the point of my post is to shed some light on the issue of testosterone and the simpleness of getting it checked and what positive or negative things I may expierience from its use. And like I habe also said before, every person who takes any substance willhave different effects/outcomes from its use. *and you can quote me as saying that IS a fact. So my reply to Lex was valid when he gave a perimeter as saying you will only put on a few pounds when the outcome can be anything and it would be disadventagous for anyone to take such advice.
Sorry for any misspellings, tryin to reply on cellular phone

nhaggard07

I will look in to that BHRT, thank you. I believe he chose test e because it will build up faster, and at the point it's at a good level I will be switched to maybe androgel? I don't remember his plans exactly but it went along those lines. Take the test e for a few months and see if I like the effects, then go on to a lower dose more stable form. My next appointment I go to I should find out what my "permanent" testosterone product should be. I have been on about two weeks now and my libido actually showed some sign of life today for the first time in two years so I'm pretty excited about that.

nhaggard07

I will look in to that BHRT, thank you. I believe he chose test e because it will build up faster, and at the point it's at a good level I will be switched to maybe androgel? I don't remember his plans exactly but it went along those lines. Take the test e for a few months and see if I like the effects, then go on to a lower dose more stable form. My next appointment I go to I should find out what my "permanent" testosterone product should be. I have been on about two weeks now and my libido actually showed some sign of life today for the first time in two years so I'm pretty excited about that.

Redneck2009

i wonder if thats something i should talk to my doctor about.. i have plenty of sex drive thats not an issue. but im thin and short. im 20 5'5 and 110 lbs maybe alittle testosterone will spur some muscle growth and help me put on some weight?

Redneck2009

i wonder if thats something i should talk to my doctor about.. i have plenty of sex drive thats not an issue. but im thin and short. im 20 5'5 and 110 lbs maybe alittle testosterone will spur some muscle growth and help me put on some weight?