tests on babies with cf

viori2001

Hello,
I have a 13 weeks baby with cf. next week is going to have a ct and BAL. I was wondering when do they normally start having this kind of tests?and how often.
my baby seems fine. pls waiting for an answer.....

viori2001

Hello,
I have a 13 weeks baby with cf. next week is going to have a ct and BAL. I was wondering when do they normally start having this kind of tests?and how often.

viori2001

Hello,

viori2001

Hello,

viori2001

Hello,
<br />I have a 13 weeks baby with cf. next week is going to have a ct and BAL. I was wondering when do they normally start having this kind of tests?and how often.
<br />my baby seems fine. pls waiting for an answer.....

JazzysMom

I cant answer at what age testing starts, but I can tell you that CF is progressive.

Because its progressive & your baby is seems fine....it is a perfect time to get the first set of testing done. Then they have something to compare to when issues start.

A lot of CF is maintainance/preventive care. Its much easier to know how bad things have gotten (whether acute or permanent) if you have before & after tests to compare.

HUGS

JazzysMom

I cant answer at what age testing starts, but I can tell you that CF is progressive.

Because its progressive & your baby is seems fine....it is a perfect time to get the first set of testing done. Then they have something to compare to when issues start.

A lot of CF is maintainance/preventive care. Its much easier to know how bad things have gotten (whether acute or permanent) if you have before & after tests to compare.

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Because its progressive & your baby is seems fine....it is a perfect time to get the first set of testing done. Then they have something to compare to when issues start.
<br />
<br />A lot of CF is maintainance/preventive care. Its much easier to know how bad things have gotten (whether acute or permanent) if you have before & after tests to compare.
<br />
<br />HUGS

dasjsmum

Sorry, I feel really dumb here, but what is the ct and BAL?

My kids didnt really have any invasive tests at all, and I think it depends on your clinic how they structure things. Some clinics do bronchoscopies as a matter of course, but my kids have never had them done, and personally I probably wouldnt allow it without a good reason.

On the other hand, other parents will tell you that a bronch picked up pseudomonas before it was evident, and preventative treatment was given sooner raather then later.

dasjsmum

My kids didnt really have any invasive tests at all, and I think it depends on your clinic how they structure things. Some clinics do bronchoscopies as a matter of course, but my kids have never had them done, and personally I probably wouldnt allow it without a good reason.

On the other hand, other parents will tell you that a bronch picked up pseudomonas before it was evident, and preventative treatment was given sooner raather then later.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

<br />
<br />My kids didnt really have any invasive tests at all, and I think it depends on your clinic how they structure things. Some clinics do bronchoscopies as a matter of course, but my kids have never had them done, and personally I probably wouldnt allow it without a good reason.
<br />
<br />On the other hand, other parents will tell you that a bronch picked up pseudomonas before it was evident, and preventative treatment was given sooner raather then later.

ashmomo

I don't know what those tests are either, my daughter is 4 and has never, to my knowledge, had these tests. She has been doing well since her MI at birth. Is she having any problems?

ashmomo

I don't know what those tests are either, my daughter is 4 and has never, to my knowledge, had these tests. She has been doing well since her MI at birth. Is she having any problems?

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo