Tetracycline side effects?

keefer11

Has anyone ever been on Tetracycline? Any major side effects you have had? My MRSA is now resistant to Septra, so my doctor wants to try this one. We'll see. Thanks!

SoyaSauce

If I have to pick my favorite antibiotics it is probably Tetracycline class, With some side effects but I can live with it.

Miniocycline, - Unbelievable dizziness / balance screwed up, you feel your a walking drunk all the time on this one, but it works, just don't do anything too hard while on it, -and these effects slowly wane off as your body adjusts.

Doxycycline / Great one, Apart from sometimes yucky YUCKY nausea and dry heaves if taken on empty stomach- take with a little food, but they say that can hamper a little bit of the absorption, so you need to experiment and the latter was my experience on an empty stomach. Do NOT take with dairy -Positive note your skin looks better,:)

I haven't been on regular Tetracycline, but just their cousins. I should also note they can make your teeth yellow, BUT this is only for small children, NOT adults as your teeth have fully developed, but maybe long term expose 21 + or chronic use.

Just watch out for, rashes, photo sensitivity, ear ringing or throwing up or anything allergic.

SoyaSauce

* By the way, just cause your MRSA is not sensitive to Septra , -don't always mean forever, it will probably sensitive again, mine has been on and off, Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't, just for your FYI. :)

keefer11

Thanks for the info SoyaSauce! My doctor prescribed Doxycycline, so we'll see how the nausea goes. DO you say don't take with dairy because of the high amount of calcium in dairy? The information I received from the pharmacist didn't mention not taking with dairy. Thanks!

mamaScarlett

Been on both doxy and mino the past month continuously. Haven't noticed side effects from either to speak of.

ive noticed my center seems to be turning to these drugs as options more and more, whereas in the past I was never given them. Anyone else notice that?