The earliest signs of infection?

I don't know how to explain this. I'm not sick but I feel like I'm going to get sick. It's like the beginning of an infection. Ie I'm starting to feel tired and not hungry. It's getting harder to breathe. It's like a warning sign that i am going to get sick at any time but I cAnt call the doc bc I don't have any symptoms. What do you do at this stage? Do extra treatments? Take more steroids if you have them?rest more?

Melissa75

Administrator
definitely up the treatments and rest. also i do stuff like eat fresh pineapple, mangos, salmon, spicy food...
who knows if that makes a difference, but I figure it can't hurt. the waning appetite is an issue, but if I take advil, a half-hour later my appetite is usually up.
my first signs are like yours plus pain in my rib area and joints.

K

kgfrompa

Signs of infection

This happens to me to I can feel myself getting sick way before I get really sick,I call my Doctors as soon as possible.It sure happens all the time I have been sleeping all day loss of appetite and They put me on meds I go to clinic Wed but feel like I am not getting any better at this point.Nice to know It happens to others but so sorry you are getting sick.Hope you feel better soon.

rmotion

I call it the pseudomonas dance. PS has a life cycle and it grows, duplicates, dies and repeat. When we are not well it seems to grow. Our dance is to be able to fight it off and get it out when we can. We get sick and have to be hospitalized when it is way ahead and we have to beat it down. I am on the dance floor today, junky and crappy but my energy seems ok. So I do my breathers and vest and eat and rest, or try to.