The Friends of Andrew R Marzilli

andymazgolf

I want to start by saying that people with CF are the strongest people on the planet

I watched my cousin fight CF and he was a stronger man than I will ever be!!

www.andymazgolf.com

Andrew Marzilli enjoyed the miracle of a double lung transplant in December of 1995 after battling with Cystic Fibrosis for his eighteen years of life. This miracle surgery gave Andrew a year of living and breathing that transformed him into a 19 year-old young man with a new lease on life. However, this new life was shortened due to his body's rejection of his new lungs and Andrew's battle for life ended on July 1, 1997.

In his memory, his family and friends have organized the Andrew R. Marzilli Memorial Golf Tournament, which is held annually. This memorial has been established to pay tribute to a young man who, in his short life, touched many lives through his quiet determination to succeed despite his physical limitation, his unbounding zest for life and the courage he exhibited in his fight to persevere it. The proceeds of this event will be donated in Andrew's memory to Massachusetts General Hospital and Malden Catholic High School.

Thanks to the generosity and support of our golfers, our friends and sponsors we have donated over $85,000 to the Massachusetts General Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund, The Massachusetts General Hospital Lung Transplant Program and Malden Catholic High School for an annual scholarship in Andrew's memory.

Next year, the Andrew R. Marzilli Memorial Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, September 18, 2007 at the Hillview Country Club. We would be honored if you could attend for golf during the morning or for lunch and the festivities that follow in the afternoon. If you are unable to participate or attend the tournament, any contribution you deem appropriate will be greatly appreciated.

We hope to see you there making a difference!!

andymazgolf

I want to start by saying that people with CF are the strongest people on the planet

www.andymazgolf.com

Andrew Marzilli enjoyed the miracle of a double lung transplant in December of 1995 after battling with Cystic Fibrosis for his eighteen years of life. This miracle surgery gave Andrew a year of living and breathing that transformed him into a 19 year-old young man with a new lease on life. However, this new life was shortened due to his body's rejection of his new lungs and Andrew's battle for life ended on July 1, 1997.

In his memory, his family and friends have organized the Andrew R. Marzilli Memorial Golf Tournament, which is held annually. This memorial has been established to pay tribute to a young man who, in his short life, touched many lives through his quiet determination to succeed despite his physical limitation, his unbounding zest for life and the courage he exhibited in his fight to persevere it. The proceeds of this event will be donated in Andrew's memory to Massachusetts General Hospital and Malden Catholic High School.

Thanks to the generosity and support of our golfers, our friends and sponsors we have donated over $85,000 to the Massachusetts General Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund, The Massachusetts General Hospital Lung Transplant Program and Malden Catholic High School for an annual scholarship in Andrew's memory.

Next year, the Andrew R. Marzilli Memorial Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, September 18, 2007 at the Hillview Country Club. We would be honored if you could attend for golf during the morning or for lunch and the festivities that follow in the afternoon. If you are unable to participate or attend the tournament, any contribution you deem appropriate will be greatly appreciated.

andymazgolf

www.andymazgolf.com