The Future

T

tarheel

I really am not sure that this is the start of depression, I think every normal CFer who realizes the seriousness of this disease hits this at some time. I hit it about once a month. It really sucks. It sucks that we have to think about all of this stuff period. At some point for me too I thought about yea, but that extra year or so is spent in the hospital. Do I really want another year just to spend in the hospital? I wonder often how serious my CF is, because nobody so far has really been able to tell me. Dorks. Anyways, I wonder if I'll die when I'm 20, or when I'm 70. I wish I could reccomend someone for you to talk to, but I havent really found someone who understands enough of what I have to deal with outside of this site to talk to. They think I'm depressed and all, and I'm like, no, I'm thinking about my future. I'm wondering how much time and how much life I have to work with. I wish there were more people out there who understood this dilemma.

T

tarheel

I really am not sure that this is the start of depression, I think every normal CFer who realizes the seriousness of this disease hits this at some time. I hit it about once a month. It really sucks. It sucks that we have to think about all of this stuff period. At some point for me too I thought about yea, but that extra year or so is spent in the hospital. Do I really want another year just to spend in the hospital? I wonder often how serious my CF is, because nobody so far has really been able to tell me. Dorks. Anyways, I wonder if I'll die when I'm 20, or when I'm 70. I wish I could reccomend someone for you to talk to, but I havent really found someone who understands enough of what I have to deal with outside of this site to talk to. They think I'm depressed and all, and I'm like, no, I'm thinking about my future. I'm wondering how much time and how much life I have to work with. I wish there were more people out there who understood this dilemma.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

bananagirl

ya i had that problem at about the same age as you are and for about a year i was just sad about it all the time cuz its like whats the point of doing anything if i never get to be like a normal adult. i remember when i turned 15 i thought to myself how it was my over the hill birthday and like half my life was over. it has gotten a little better and i have realized that this life here isn't everything and in a way i'm am luckier than other people cuz the thought of working the same job for 50 years is just suckie and its like who knows i might only live long enough to work for a few years. It definatly helps to just try to think about the now and not so much the future. for me though i'm not so much woried about dieing early as i am about getting worse cuz i have no idea what it will be like and it kinda freeks me out. One other good thing is that even people without cf worrie about the future though their worries are very diff from will i live long enough to have a future.

bananagirl

ya i had that problem at about the same age as you are and for about a year i was just sad about it all the time cuz its like whats the point of doing anything if i never get to be like a normal adult. i remember when i turned 15 i thought to myself how it was my over the hill birthday and like half my life was over. it has gotten a little better and i have realized that this life here isn't everything and in a way i'm am luckier than other people cuz the thought of working the same job for 50 years is just suckie and its like who knows i might only live long enough to work for a few years. It definatly helps to just try to think about the now and not so much the future. for me though i'm not so much woried about dieing early as i am about getting worse cuz i have no idea what it will be like and it kinda freeks me out. One other good thing is that even people without cf worrie about the future though their worries are very diff from will i live long enough to have a future.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl