The HORRIBLE winter virus and IVs

beleache

Glad to hear you are feeling better & the picc will be pulled .. Wow, what a long haul that was ! Stay well <3 joni

beleache

Glad to hear you are feeling better & the picc will be pulled .. Wow, what a long haul that was ! Stay well <3 joni

mamaScarlett

The PICC was pulled today but its not really good news per se. I don't have an infection, but I have a major asthma component that is flaring up badly.
My fev1 started out at 47%, then post treatment went to 57%. (My baseline post pregnancy is 67%.)
My sputum really looks good, its just this wheezing and shortness of breath. My doc said there is this after effect of this virus that causes this asthma response that just seems to linger and linger. I began Cayston, and Advair in the hope that that will prevent me from needing a hospitalization. I can't bear the thought of being separated from my little guy. Another thing I've been ordered to do is sleep more-get a babysitter, have daddy do nighttime feedings, but whatever-just get more sleep...(I've been getting 3-4 hrs a night for the past 3 wks...I know, I know..) Also I've been ordered to de-stress. Big time. Too many famiy problems, too much stress right now. I need to lock myself away and relax.
We'll see what happens.

mamaScarlett

The PICC was pulled today but its not really good news per se. I don't have an infection, but I have a major asthma component that is flaring up badly.
My fev1 started out at 47%, then post treatment went to 57%. (My baseline post pregnancy is 67%.)
My sputum really looks good, its just this wheezing and shortness of breath. My doc said there is this after effect of this virus that causes this asthma response that just seems to linger and linger. I began Cayston, and Advair in the hope that that will prevent me from needing a hospitalization. I can't bear the thought of being separated from my little guy. Another thing I've been ordered to do is sleep more-get a babysitter, have daddy do nighttime feedings, but whatever-just get more sleep...(I've been getting 3-4 hrs a night for the past 3 wks...I know, I know..) Also I've been ordered to de-stress. Big time. Too many famiy problems, too much stress right now. I need to lock myself away and relax.
We'll see what happens.

JennifersHope

The asthma component was my worst enemy in this virus, it took me weeks and weeks and massive prednisone to be able to clear up, and well today, I woke up wheezing and congested, I feel like this virus is like the "Hotel California'

Hope you can stay out of the hospital and stay home with your baby... You for sure need more sleep then that... Even a healthy person can't kick a cold on that little sleep.
Feel Better

JennifersHope

The asthma component was my worst enemy in this virus, it took me weeks and weeks and massive prednisone to be able to clear up, and well today, I woke up wheezing and congested, I feel like this virus is like the "Hotel California'

Hope you can stay out of the hospital and stay home with your baby... You for sure need more sleep then that... Even a healthy person can't kick a cold on that little sleep.
Feel Better

Megok26

I think this winter so far has been a bad one...I hadn't had IV meds done in three years and same thing here I started feeling tired all the time, coughing more, coughing up of blood, went into the hospital dec 6th too for iv meds did two weeks felt great, now I am back to work and everyone seems to be sick I am so worried I will catch their germs and get sick again!

Megok26

I think this winter so far has been a bad one...I hadn't had IV meds done in three years and same thing here I started feeling tired all the time, coughing more, coughing up of blood, went into the hospital dec 6th too for iv meds did two weeks felt great, now I am back to work and everyone seems to be sick I am so worried I will catch their germs and get sick again!