The older u get, the worse ur CF gets???

nocode

Hi. I haven't felt worse throught the years, i have been feeling better than ever before to be honest. I'm only 23 but i know it could be getting worse, but it's not, at least so far. I know that our attitude towards the illness and the way we live life has a lot to do with it, i had a depression for 4 years and felt terrible, although my case is mild; but i came out of it 2 years ago and have been feeling great since, and therefore my physical health has improved too.

nocode

Hi. I haven't felt worse throught the years, i have been feeling better than ever before to be honest. I'm only 23 but i know it could be getting worse, but it's not, at least so far. I know that our attitude towards the illness and the way we live life has a lot to do with it, i had a depression for 4 years and felt terrible, although my case is mild; but i came out of it 2 years ago and have been feeling great since, and therefore my physical health has improved too.

nocode

donnadee

I get the same way if I over eat, so I just eat a little, all the time. I don't have much experience with cf yet, but I do know that since December I have droped way below 50% of lung function and it is really affecting me now.

donnadee

I get the same way if I over eat, so I just eat a little, all the time. I don't have much experience with cf yet, but I do know that since December I have droped way below 50% of lung function and it is really affecting me now.

donnadee

mare

Phazyme is an over the counter gas reliever. It helps me alot. I also had my gall bladder removed this year and that also helps.
Also when you are short of breath you are swallowing more air, thus the bloat, etc. I am 52 years old, still hanging in., Yeah I have more problems that when I was a kid, but who doesn't!! When I compare notes with non-cf'ers, they have complaints too. The clue is always do the best you can, make the best of what you got and don't give up. As medicine advances, there is always hope for us to do better!

mare

Phazyme is an over the counter gas reliever. It helps me alot. I also had my gall bladder removed this year and that also helps.
Also when you are short of breath you are swallowing more air, thus the bloat, etc. I am 52 years old, still hanging in., Yeah I have more problems that when I was a kid, but who doesn't!! When I compare notes with non-cf'ers, they have complaints too. The clue is always do the best you can, make the best of what you got and don't give up. As medicine advances, there is always hope for us to do better!

mare

dbtoo

<b><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>that as we get older our sypmtoms get progressively worse. I think that is nature of CF in most instances.</end quote></div></b>

Coltsfan, thelizardqueen, amy.... That's the nature of life! I was diagnosed at age 14. I am now almost 50. I have not been in the hospital or been on an IV for over 15 years! When I was 19, I spent over six weeks in the hospital. Everyone of us has our own level of how this disease affects our bodies, minds, and lives. It has been my experience that in some cases it will ravage an individual, in others it stays dormant without much change.

Mare nailed it. <i><b><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The clue is always do the best you can, make the best of what you got and don't give up.</end quote></div></b></i>

dbtoo

<b><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>that as we get older our sypmtoms get progressively worse. I think that is nature of CF in most instances.</end quote></div></b>

Coltsfan, thelizardqueen, amy.... That's the nature of life! I was diagnosed at age 14. I am now almost 50. I have not been in the hospital or been on an IV for over 15 years! When I was 19, I spent over six weeks in the hospital. Everyone of us has our own level of how this disease affects our bodies, minds, and lives. It has been my experience that in some cases it will ravage an individual, in others it stays dormant without much change.

Mare nailed it. <i><b><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>The clue is always do the best you can, make the best of what you got and don't give up.</end quote></div></b></i>

dbtoo

I feel like it is getting worse.This year I was in the hospital for a total of 10 weeks and my pfts are still in the 90% go figure .My clubbing is pretty bad.I developed MRSA and diabetes and work full time when I am well but I think the older we get the more we have on our plate.

kate 36yo 1 delta508 1unknown cfrd mrsa

I feel like it is getting worse.This year I was in the hospital for a total of 10 weeks and my pfts are still in the 90% go figure .My clubbing is pretty bad.I developed MRSA and diabetes and work full time when I am well but I think the older we get the more we have on our plate.