the truth about life

A

Ajax

As soon as I discovered that I have CF and my days on earth are limited , my quality of life was already districted. So I tried to achieve somethings and live my life and chase some of my dreams.

I tried to do things I knew there will come a time I will never do again. I thought that this would refrain me from the disappointment when CF takes the better of me. I did alot of things that should make me satisfied when I will be completely disabled.

Here come the days when I cant take off my oxygen prongs. When the slightest of activities will take my breath away. Am I satisfied? Did I have enough? The answer is simply no. So why is this?

It is because life is a moment and not an age. We live the present and not the past . Memories no matter how sweet they are, can not dry out tears .

Given that in mind, the idea of the next life strikes. If a human can enjoy nothing but the present, then man is indeed a foolish creature not to invest in his eternity. All what we have done in our lives will be forgotten the moment we die. If we go to [censored] then in [censored] we are and all the agony will come upon us. No matter how joyful our life on earth was it will by no means ease our suffering at that damned moment and the vice versa is true.

Jesus Christ has all the time urged us to give up everything and be with him and that is because He wants us to be happy at the eternal moment.

There is only one moment that cant go and it is the moment we are with Jesus. Everything else doesnt matter. Life is a moment but a fake one bcz it will not last.

Now as my past life makes no sense or has no value whatsoever , and as my present is viscious reality of how cruel can life be, I can only look to win that moment , the real one, the moment with Jesus. When the Bible said, time will exist no more, it was not just another metaphorical expression. It was a solid of explanation of eternal life.

Rami 30 w/cf,cfrd

D

DmT145

I am disheartened by your post. For several reasons, one being that it would seem that you are in poor health and thinking quite a lot about death. The other is that you feel you life to be insignificant and devoid of meaning.

While none of us can say for certain whether or not there is a life after this one, what we can say is that the only way to be truly immortal is to live on in the lives of those you have been fortunate enough to interact while in this life. You said "all of what we have done in our lives will be forgotten the moment we die." This is simply not true. I have relatives and friends who I have never forgotten, and never will. Countless people have been immortalized because of their contribution to humanity.

If I were to offer you, or anyone else, some advice, it would be to live out your days in such a way that you will be remembered fondly by the people within the circle of your influence. Please don't throw away this life like so much trash. Please don't cheapen your life, my life or anyone else's life as "fake" and of no matter.

We all matter, the young and the old the sick and the healthy. Some of us will live long lives and others will not. We are all part of a global community and, when it comes down to it, we all rely on each other. Please don't tell the mothers and fathers and the young people on this board that life means nothing. That, in the end, it's all a waste. That's a horrible thing to say, and something I hope you don't truly believe.

L

littlemisssilly

CF is a cruel illness and as each person's CF journey is unique so is their experience / perception of life with CF.

Rami is in end stage CF. He lives in a country where transplant is not an option and from what I understand, he doesn't have access to CF meds so he has had to source them from the generosity of others on forums such as this one. If I try to imagine just for one second what life would be like in his situation, it frightens me to no end. It is not for us to pass judgment on the way another experiences their CF. People with CF are entilted to the dignity of being able to feel what they feel without judgment from others.

Rami, peace to you.

D

DmT145

Rami sounds like he is in a very bad circumstance, I agree. However, I do not think the answer is to marginalize our time here with our fellow man. Especially if Rami is relying on the generosity of forum members to source needed medications, to turn around and say that none of it matters and as soon as we die we are forgotten, is a bit of a slap in the face.

Also, CF or any other disease doesn't entitle you to anything. Being a member of the biodiversity of this earth entitles you to solidarity with your fellow humans. And, from what you have said, Rami is benefiting from that solidarity in the form of medications he would otherwise not have access to.

My wish for you, Rami, is that your eyes are opened to the good things of life. Family, friends whom you've never met reaching out to you in your time of need. Please don't focus only on the negative. Cherish what you have. I wish you the best.

C

Cherylwithone

Rami, I know it has been very hard for you living in a country without the health care that you need. I have been blessed to know you on this site and follow your journey.
May you find peace and may God bless you.

nocode

Remi, I am thinking about you and I can understand the thought process that is washing over you now, and no one can blame you. I actually thank you for reaching out.
I am not religious so I think similarly to what you described. Once we are gone, I believe we are truly gone, if I'm going to be realistic and pay attention to my rational mind.
On the other hand, there are so many beautiful coincidences in life, and also so much grief is brought upon people who truly do not deserve it (not just CF people but everyone who suffers deeply) that part of me believes that we are here - going through these things - for a reason, and that we will only find out what that reason is once we depart.

Strong hug,
Vera

A

Ajax

Thank you all for your support, and Im also grateful to all those who supported me throughout the years , if it wasnt to the love of Jesus and the efforts and generosity of many I wouldnt be here now . Though I think DMT completely missed the theme of my post. Im cherishing eternal life and not at all ignoring the good deeds man could do on earth ( which bank for his eternity). Thus I said " Man indeed is a foolish creature not to invest in his eternity". The phrase " all what we have done in our lives will be forgotten the day we die" is intended for the physical things we did and not the spiritual deeds or things that will have an impact on our eternal destiny.

Imogene

Administrator
Rami, You exude strength and grace as you pass through CF.com and human life...you and I believe "we are spiritual beings on a human journey"..Teillard de Chardin
People choose their own paths and beliefs as noted in this post.
You are in my prayers.
Salt and Light,
Jeanne