The Vest Club

ERINSBIZ

I get to join because it came today. I used it just now and it makes me itch like a mother. Other than that it feels really good to visualize the mucus falling off of my lungs and going into the stomach dumpster. Does it make me lose an unwanted 10 pounds plus I just ate 5 mini milky ways? I know it doesn't replace exercise. Darn.

ERINSBIZ

I get to join because it came today. I used it just now and it makes me itch like a mother. Other than that it feels really good to visualize the mucus falling off of my lungs and going into the stomach dumpster. Does it make me lose an unwanted 10 pounds plus I just ate 5 mini milky ways? I know it doesn't replace exercise. Darn.

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

ladybug

You're funny! Nope, won't replace exercise and as far as I know it won't help you loose weight... Although you made me think of those bands people used to put around their waists and "shake" the pounds off... LOL!

Anyway, congrats on getting your vest! I have had mine for years and deffinitely feel it if I miss a treatment on it. Plus, for some reason, I find it soothing and relaxing to do it. I can even fall asleep while I do mine! LOL.

ladybug

You're funny! Nope, won't replace exercise and as far as I know it won't help you loose weight... Although you made me think of those bands people used to put around their waists and "shake" the pounds off... LOL!

Anyway, congrats on getting your vest! I have had mine for years and deffinitely feel it if I miss a treatment on it. Plus, for some reason, I find it soothing and relaxing to do it. I can even fall asleep while I do mine! LOL.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug

<br />
<br />Anyway, congrats on getting your vest! I have had mine for years and deffinitely feel it if I miss a treatment on it. Plus, for some reason, I find it soothing and relaxing to do it. I can even fall asleep while I do mine! LOL.

Melissa75

Administrator
Welcome to the club! I wear two thin shirts because of that intense itchy feeling. If you need a thicker shirt, I think you can just up the setting for "depth" (single digit one). Sorry not so scientific.
Does your son with CF have a Vest?
My kids thought the Vest was hilarious at first and every once in a while I give them a turn on low settings. I figured it was better not to have it be a weird mystery for them. I have had mine for about a year and the novelty is wearing off. My littlest one played my acapella like a flute a few times. Then I boiled it until it melted :-(
_________
Melissa 33, bronchiectasis (no CF)

Melissa75

Administrator
Welcome to the club! I wear two thin shirts because of that intense itchy feeling. If you need a thicker shirt, I think you can just up the setting for "depth" (single digit one). Sorry not so scientific.
My kids thought the Vest was hilarious at first and every once in a while I give them a turn on low settings. I figured it was better not to have it be a weird mystery for them. I have had mine for about a year and the novelty is wearing off. My littlest one played my acapella like a flute a few times. Then I boiled it until it melted :-(
_________

Melissa75

Administrator
_________

Melissa75

Administrator
_________

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />Does your son with CF have a Vest?
<br />My kids thought the Vest was hilarious at first and every once in a while I give them a turn on low settings. I figured it was better not to have it be a weird mystery for them. I have had mine for about a year and the novelty is wearing off. My littlest one played my acapella like a flute a few times. Then I boiled it until it melted :-(
<br />_________
<br />Melissa 33, bronchiectasis (no CF)

fugikitten2087

I have had a vest since I was roughly 8. Yes I got it when it first really hit the market.. and I can say.. A... it sucks... B.... It wont help you lose weight....and C... congrats. If you like it awesome... I hate mine because god saw fit to give me boobs.... it's less than pleasant. I actually keep trying to pawn mine off on this 5 year old CFer I know....

fugikitten2087

I have had a vest since I was roughly 8. Yes I got it when it first really hit the market.. and I can say.. A... it sucks... B.... It wont help you lose weight....and C... congrats. If you like it awesome... I hate mine because god saw fit to give me boobs.... it's less than pleasant. I actually keep trying to pawn mine off on this 5 year old CFer I know....

fugikitten2087

fugikitten2087

fugikitten2087