the vest has arrived...yay!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem we've really had with DS and compliance with the vest is the last treatment of the evening because he knows that afterwards he goes to bed -- we let him watch whatever he wants on tv, he has a snack, we hang out with him and play, but he tells us he's "scared". Once we get it on him he's fine, and he doesn't give us problems with the other two treatments, just that one.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Ratatosk</b></i>

The only problem we've really had with DS and compliance with the vest is the last treatment of the evening because he knows that afterwards he goes to bed -- we let him watch whatever he wants on tv, he has a snack, we hang out with him and play, but he tells us he's "scared". Once we get it on him he's fine, and he doesn't give us problems with the other two treatments, just that one.</end quote></div>

If he only knew how obvious it was to you guys LOL.......

JazzysMom

The only problem we've really had with DS and compliance with the vest is the last treatment of the evening because he knows that afterwards he goes to bed -- we let him watch whatever he wants on tv, he has a snack, we hang out with him and play, but he tells us he's "scared". Once we get it on him he's fine, and he doesn't give us problems with the other two treatments, just that one.</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

sullihs

We just got our vest (Incourage System by Respirtech) about 3 weeks ago and it is a blessing. My son (5) loves it. He loves to watch tv which he doesn't get to do much and he absolutely loves Scooby Doo. We only let him watch Scooby during his treatments. He begs to do his vest (I know this probably won't last but for now it is great). It is so easy to use. We hook him up (he can do it himself also) and hit one button. It starts out low and ramps up and back down for 3 mins. It does this for 10 cycles. He had never coughed up much of anything with manual PT and he is now getting some stuff up. We are still crossing our fingers that our insurance is going to cover it...I would just cry if we had to send it back.

sullihs

We just got our vest (Incourage System by Respirtech) about 3 weeks ago and it is a blessing. My son (5) loves it. He loves to watch tv which he doesn't get to do much and he absolutely loves Scooby Doo. We only let him watch Scooby during his treatments. He begs to do his vest (I know this probably won't last but for now it is great). It is so easy to use. We hook him up (he can do it himself also) and hit one button. It starts out low and ramps up and back down for 3 mins. It does this for 10 cycles. He had never coughed up much of anything with manual PT and he is now getting some stuff up. We are still crossing our fingers that our insurance is going to cover it...I would just cry if we had to send it back.

sullihs