The Vest vs. Accapella

karenanne99

I am using the accapella right now and was wondering if the vest is better than it? I don't even know much about the vest but I have noticed a lot of ppl are talknig about it on here...I am from Canada and don't know if the vest is somethnig that's even available here yet? Is it similar to percussion?<---sorry about spelling)

Thanks, karen

karenanne99

I am using the accapella right now and was wondering if the vest is better than it? I don't even know much about the vest but I have noticed a lot of ppl are talknig about it on here...I am from Canada and don't know if the vest is somethnig that's even available here yet? Is it similar to percussion?<---sorry about spelling)

Thanks, karen

karenanne99

Thanks, karen

mellybean17

I'm using accapella also, and I believe i is in many ways better.
I'm also using IPV though, and that beats both by far!

mellybean17

mellybean17

bedtym12

I MUCH MORE PREFER THE ACCA. I HATE THE VEST AND REFUSE IT WEN I GO TO THE HOSPITAL, I'D RATHER GET CHEST PT THEN THE VEST

bedtym12

I MUCH MORE PREFER THE ACCA. I HATE THE VEST AND REFUSE IT WEN I GO TO THE HOSPITAL, I'D RATHER GET CHEST PT THEN THE VEST

bedtym12

bedtym12

bedtym12

D

donny71

hey I am using both right now, I am using "the vest" (reason for quotes is because the brand of vest I am using is "the INcourage system" there are a few brands on the market) as a trial right now, previously I was using mostly accapella and manual percussion...

In my personal opinion, I prefer manual percussions over all physio devices including "the vest".

If you don't know much about "the vest" I'll tell you a bit about it,

Basically it is a vest that buckles up in the front, then you hook of two vacuum hoses to it, these vacuum hoses are then hoooked up to a compressor machine that looks a lot like a computer tower, the vest then inflates and deflates at different speeds and pressure all adjustable to the users preference. Usually a treatment is 30min 2x a day.
Basic theory like all devices, deep breathing in combination with positive negative pressures, works mucus from tiny airways into larger ones causing you to cough the crap out!

I have been told that people benefit most from the vest when it is used in combination with a manual device such as accapella when your using the vest , kind of a combo treatment.

Having said all that (and sorry for the length)

over the years of using all these devices (and believe me I have tried everything) I have also heard every sales pitch for each device and it comes down to , what can you benefit most from? its different for everybody!!! each CFer is an individual case with different needs so see if you repository clinic can get a hold of a vest for you to trial thats what I am doing I got it for 6 weeks free and a vest is valued at over $10'000

hope thats helps!

D

donny71

hey I am using both right now, I am using "the vest" (reason for quotes is because the brand of vest I am using is "the INcourage system" there are a few brands on the market) as a trial right now, previously I was using mostly accapella and manual percussion...

In my personal opinion, I prefer manual percussions over all physio devices including "the vest".

Basically it is a vest that buckles up in the front, then you hook of two vacuum hoses to it, these vacuum hoses are then hoooked up to a compressor machine that looks a lot like a computer tower, the vest then inflates and deflates at different speeds and pressure all adjustable to the users preference. Usually a treatment is 30min 2x a day.
Basic theory like all devices, deep breathing in combination with positive negative pressures, works mucus from tiny airways into larger ones causing you to cough the crap out!

I have been told that people benefit most from the vest when it is used in combination with a manual device such as accapella when your using the vest , kind of a combo treatment.

over the years of using all these devices (and believe me I have tried everything) I have also heard every sales pitch for each device and it comes down to , what can you benefit most from? its different for everybody!!! each CFer is an individual case with different needs so see if you repository clinic can get a hold of a vest for you to trial thats what I am doing I got it for 6 weeks free and a vest is valued at over $10'000

hope thats helps!

D

donny71

hope thats helps!

D

donny71

hope thats helps!

D

donny71

hope thats helps!

kenna

i don't like the vest at all it makes my tummy hurt i hate having cf it kills me and i never have time for the 8 treatments 4 vest and the 4 tobi and yuck tobi is nasty it taste like rusted metal. how old are you guys??? i am 10 do you guys take tobi. or do u live any where close to nashville well thats my hosptial vanderbilt its a nice hospital i hate going there and i hate cf i wish a lot i could trade bodys with someone else so i could have a normal childs life ad not worry about medicine its crazy