Thieves Essential Oil-Alternative Medicine Anyone try it?

JennyCoulon

Just wondering if anyone has tried Thieves Essential Oil to help with prevention or treatment of infection for their CFer? My aunt gave it to me to try with the boys and I am just wondering. There are a lot of different uses for it but it shows to put 3 drops under their feet, rub it in, cover with socks and leave until the morning. It is worth a try but just thought I would check. Thanks,

J

jennywotherspoon

Hi there,
I have been interested in trying this also. As well as rubbing on the bottom of feet it is also useful as a throat gargle if you have a sore throat (2-3 drops in 2 tablespoons of water). 15 drops mixed with a carrier oil such as almond, olive or jojoba can be applied to lower back, upper back of thighs and back of neck in the case of colds and flu. For coughs application to feet, sternum, chest and throat is helpful. I have purchased all the essential oils and have the recipe to make up my own Thieves - works out a lot more economical. Happy to share if you are interested.

Yes!

Hi there. I have a 4 year old son who was in the hospital just about every 6 months for a tune up... until I began using essential oils as part of a preventative treatments. I don't know if he is just getting stronger with age, but I do think these essential oils are really helping. A friend of mine gave me a real diffuser, not the kind you just put a candle under for aromatherapy, but a medical kind. I use thieves along with melaluca oil, eucalyptus and lavender in a coconut oil base. I do the same for a rub on chest and feet. I also add frankincense to the rub, again with a coconut oil as the base. I do these both any time he has sniffles or respiratory infection symptoms. I will also add to a hot bath. He just turned and he has been hospital free for exactly 2 years, directly correlating with the time I began these preventative treatments. Sometimes his colds with go through a normal course which gets to an ugly sounding cough still just like his CF free brother and sister, I will still administer oral antibiotics to be safe, but no pneumonia, no hospitals, no IV antibiotics! The first 2 years of his life included 5 hospital visits.
I just also found a a list of herbs that all CFers should try. I just found this so don't have stories to share...YET. Will post for sure when I get organized enough, and money, to incorporate this into my son Max's treatment. Please check it out:
15 Plants and Herbs That Can Boost Lung Health, Heal Respiratory Infections And Even Repair Pulmonary Damage