Thieves Essential Oils-Alternative medicine-Has anyone tried it?

JennyCoulon

Just wondering if anyone has tried Thieves Essential Oil to help with prevention or treatment of infection for their CFer? My aunt gave it to me to try with the boys and I am just wondering. There are a lot of different uses for it but it shows to put 3 drops under their feet, rub it in, cover with socks and leave until the morning. It is worth a try but just thought I would check. Thanks,

RobinB29

I haven't tried it but I have a friend who is selling it and wants me to try it. I don't know. I get it, sometimes natural things work wonders but big pharma can't patent something natural or make huge profits from it so it might be that it works and isn't profitable or maybe it does nothing. My understanding though of essential oils and bacteria is that the essential oils must be in vapor form. Not nebulized mind you, that would be harmful. There's some diffuser called TheraPro that doesn't utilize water so it doesn't have the risk of growing the bacteria like other diffusers. If I end up trying it I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out the 145.00 for the TheraPro, though my concern is the scent of diffused cinnamon and cloves might sound great but get nauseating eventually and then my entire bedroom will smell like a giant cookie and I'll have to launder everything if I get sick of the smell. If I do it I'll let you know how it goes, as for the rubbing on the feet thing, I don't see the harm there but I'd put a small amount in at first to be sure the oil doesn't irritate the skin. Let us know if that does anything- I might be able to save myself the 145 for the diffuser.

Epona

I am nebulizing eucalyptus essential oil (2 drops in 2mL hypersal) twice a day and so far the results have been incredible. It's only been a few days but I am thinking this is going to be the foundation of my off-antibiotic regime. I will write a post about it once it's been a little longer and I have a better understanding of the effects. But Thieves has eucalyptus and other antimicrobial essential oils in them that would be good for preventing an infection I think. I am treating my infection now with this regime and my mucus and cough has reduced. I am going to give it a few weeks before I say it's a victory though. We'll see if I keep improving. In my opinion nebulizing is safe, I don't know why it wouldn't be if you're keeping everything clean. Personally I only feel safe nebulizing or using organic oils though. Also, there are certain specific essential oils that are best for respiratory issues, eucalyptus, thyme, tea tree being a few.