Things A child with CF would do

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter is such a character. The other day she was doing her Hypertonic saline. She has been complaining lately how she doesn't like to do her "puff-puff"(neb) and VEST. The puff-puff takes too long and the VEST hurts her tummy. Anyway, I gave her the hypertonic saline neb and walked out the room to the kitchen. Maggie says to my husband"Don't worry Daddy, this won't take long" and held the neb up and started DRINKING the saline from the neb by the mouthpiece!!! My husband of course was shocked and we told her not to do that, explained why she needs to inhale the medicine not DRINK it. So needless to say I won't be leaving the room when she's doing her nebs. AAh kids.

Then yesterday, Maggie was doing her neb and VEST while her friend was over. Maggie always can make someone feel comfortable like it's no big deal to do a VEST if they look worried about it. She's singing away with her shakey voice to make her friend laugh. Then with the VEST air blows out the side and Maggie was directing the air towards her friend to blow her friends hair and face.

Maggie tolerates SOO much with a great attitude, gotta love her!

Rebjane

Super Moderator
My daughter is such a character. The other day she was doing her Hypertonic saline. She has been complaining lately how she doesn't like to do her "puff-puff"(neb) and VEST. The puff-puff takes too long and the VEST hurts her tummy. Anyway, I gave her the hypertonic saline neb and walked out the room to the kitchen. Maggie says to my husband"Don't worry Daddy, this won't take long" and held the neb up and started DRINKING the saline from the neb by the mouthpiece!!! My husband of course was shocked and we told her not to do that, explained why she needs to inhale the medicine not DRINK it. So needless to say I won't be leaving the room when she's doing her nebs. AAh kids.

Then yesterday, Maggie was doing her neb and VEST while her friend was over. Maggie always can make someone feel comfortable like it's no big deal to do a VEST if they look worried about it. She's singing away with her shakey voice to make her friend laugh. Then with the VEST air blows out the side and Maggie was directing the air towards her friend to blow her friends hair and face.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Too funny. DS grabs salt shakers, sprinkles it into his hand and eats it. Caught him trying to steal a friend's salt shaker because he didn't HAVE one and he NEEDED it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Too funny. DS grabs salt shakers, sprinkles it into his hand and eats it. Caught him trying to steal a friend's salt shaker because he didn't HAVE one and he NEEDED it.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

blondelawyer

My husband always proudly tells the story of when he decided to "run away" when he was little and made himself a sandwich and brough his enzymes with him!

Rebecca--have you thought about getting the eFlow for Maggie? My husband just got one and LOVES how much it has shortened his treatment time. Something you might look in to...

blondelawyer

My husband always proudly tells the story of when he decided to "run away" when he was little and made himself a sandwich and brough his enzymes with him!

Rebecca--have you thought about getting the eFlow for Maggie? My husband just got one and LOVES how much it has shortened his treatment time. Something you might look in to...

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

M

Mommafirst

That's adorable!!! Sounds like Maggie has quite a personality. My Alyssa is little younger than Maggie, but I was just thinking today as I chased her around and around our downstairs carrying an open enzyme capsule to give it to her, while she laughed as she thwarted me over and over what these CFers deal with. Everything with Alyssa is a chase: time for vest.....chase her around until I get the vest on and carry her back to the machine; time to eat....chase her around with enzymes until they are all in her and then she sits quietly and eats or drinks her pediasure; etc. She thinks its a blast. I guess as long as they are smiling...!!!

M

Mommafirst

That's adorable!!! Sounds like Maggie has quite a personality. My Alyssa is little younger than Maggie, but I was just thinking today as I chased her around and around our downstairs carrying an open enzyme capsule to give it to her, while she laughed as she thwarted me over and over what these CFers deal with. Everything with Alyssa is a chase: time for vest.....chase her around until I get the vest on and carry her back to the machine; time to eat....chase her around with enzymes until they are all in her and then she sits quietly and eats or drinks her pediasure; etc. She thinks its a blast. I guess as long as they are smiling...!!!

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst