thrush/yeast infections

EnergyGal

Hi

I am a big believer in Probiotics. I have always taken them as long as I can remember. Currently, I am taking Orthobiotic by OrthoMolecular

I noticed in Ther biotic it contains Streptococcus thermophilus. There is a lady on this website who did some research and found that this particular strain is not wise for folks who have CF. You can do the research if you are interested.

My probiotics or the yogurt that I buy does not contain S.Therm.

I cannot remember the ladies name. Maybe it was Mandy? I tried researching this the other day on this website and I could not find it. Maybe some older posts have rolled over.

For thrush, I love Biotene mouthwash. I am a tx patient and never get thrush.

EnergyGal

Hi

I am a big believer in Probiotics. I have always taken them as long as I can remember. Currently, I am taking Orthobiotic by OrthoMolecular

I noticed in Ther biotic it contains Streptococcus thermophilus. There is a lady on this website who did some research and found that this particular strain is not wise for folks who have CF. You can do the research if you are interested.

I cannot remember the ladies name. Maybe it was Mandy? I tried researching this the other day on this website and I could not find it. Maybe some older posts have rolled over.

EnergyGal

Hi

EnergyGal

Hi

EnergyGal

Hi
<br />
<br />I am a big believer in Probiotics. I have always taken them as long as I can remember. Currently, I am taking Orthobiotic by OrthoMolecular
<br />
<br />I noticed in Ther biotic it contains Streptococcus thermophilus. There is a lady on this website who did some research and found that this particular strain is not wise for folks who have CF. You can do the research if you are interested.
<br />
<br />My probiotics or the yogurt that I buy does not contain S.Therm.
<br />
<br />I cannot remember the ladies name. Maybe it was Mandy? I tried researching this the other day on this website and I could not find it. Maybe some older posts have rolled over.
<br />
<br />For thrush, I love Biotene mouthwash. I am a tx patient and never get thrush.

Kristen

I have been battling thrush for three months now. I've tried the Nystatin, the Clotrimazole troches, this (non-prescription) mouthwash called Orithrush, 3 days of 250 mg of Diflucan, Biotene, and gentian violet. Everything except the last two would work, but my thrush would come back in a few weeks. Now I am on 4 weeks of 100 mg of Diflucan, and I just started a very intense probiotic yesterday - it a packet that you mix with water. I swish it & swallow. I'm also trying the Orithrush in conjunction w/ the Diflucan...so hopefully all that will work! Oh, and I've stopped taking my advair completely because I can't deal with having thrush all the time (I'm planning to start it back up again once I'm sure it's wiped out).

There's also a few holistic remedies I've used for vaginal thrush - I've found using tea tree suppositories for a few days, followed by a week or so of putting the priobiotic pills right up there, works.

Kristen

I have been battling thrush for three months now. I've tried the Nystatin, the Clotrimazole troches, this (non-prescription) mouthwash called Orithrush, 3 days of 250 mg of Diflucan, Biotene, and gentian violet. Everything except the last two would work, but my thrush would come back in a few weeks. Now I am on 4 weeks of 100 mg of Diflucan, and I just started a very intense probiotic yesterday - it a packet that you mix with water. I swish it & swallow. I'm also trying the Orithrush in conjunction w/ the Diflucan...so hopefully all that will work! Oh, and I've stopped taking my advair completely because I can't deal with having thrush all the time (I'm planning to start it back up again once I'm sure it's wiped out).

There's also a few holistic remedies I've used for vaginal thrush - I've found using tea tree suppositories for a few days, followed by a week or so of putting the priobiotic pills right up there, works.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />There's also a few holistic remedies I've used for vaginal thrush - I've found using tea tree suppositories for a few days, followed by a week or so of putting the priobiotic pills right up there, works.

Rokiss12

so i got put on nystatin pills 3 days ago, then my dr prescribed diflucan today..hopefully that takes care of it.

does anyone know if i can stay on both? i forgot to ask him..oops! haha

i really want to do nystatin mouthwash once a day cause i'm on pulmicort, TOBI, zyvox and zithromax...its a BUMMER.

haha..thanks for everyone's help.. while picking up my Rx i'm gonna cruise the yogurt isle..i've never had yogurt before!!

Rokiss12

so i got put on nystatin pills 3 days ago, then my dr prescribed diflucan today..hopefully that takes care of it.

i really want to do nystatin mouthwash once a day cause i'm on pulmicort, TOBI, zyvox and zithromax...its a BUMMER.

haha..thanks for everyone's help.. while picking up my Rx i'm gonna cruise the yogurt isle..i've never had yogurt before!!

Rokiss12

Rokiss12

Rokiss12

<br />
<br />does anyone know if i can stay on both? i forgot to ask him..oops! haha
<br />
<br />i really want to do nystatin mouthwash once a day cause i'm on pulmicort, TOBI, zyvox and zithromax...its a BUMMER.
<br />
<br />haha..thanks for everyone's help.. while picking up my Rx i'm gonna cruise the yogurt isle..i've never had yogurt before!!

july

i know that yogurt can treat oral thrush. Actually i often search information related to heath on this web: Oral Thrush Home Remedies.

And it said "Probiotic yogurt is said to be harboring active type of lactobacilli which is effective as a natural treatment for oral thrush. Also, only use the type of plain or unsweetened yogurt for best treatment of oral thrush."

Is that true?

Last edited: