Tightness in my chest

ubuffman2001

I am a 22 m wcf, and every summer seem to develop severe chest tightness. I know I am not sick, and believe it is because of inflammation.
My doctor has put me on zithromax 3 times a week before, to see if that could help, but it doesn't. Also I have taken ibuprofen which helps a little bit, but still not that much. Aside from taking prednisone, does anyone know of any antibiotics or anything that have worked well for them in reducing lung inflammation.

Thanks

anonymous

I experience something like that also. Try taking a Benadryl before bed. Maybe 1 a day if you don't have liver problems. If you do, try 1 everyother day. Hope this helps. Also might want to try Benadryl D if you want to take it in the day without drowsiness.

BaylorCrew07

Steven, do you think you could have asthma? I was diagnosed with exercise enduced asthma (not as severe as regular asthma) a couple years ago and it makes my chest feel really tight sometimes. I'm on xopenex, which helps a lot. Just a thought...hope things get better!

Debra

20/wcf

JazzysMom

If it seems to be around Summer time maybe it is allergy related. I tend to go to that first because my daughter (non CFer) & I (CFer) both have allergies. My daughter suffered for a long time because I thought she always had a cold. I didnt think she was old enough (5 at the time it started) to have allergies. Allergies/asmtha are often connected. Do you use any type of steroid inhaler liek Advair or a nebulizer like Pulmicort? Both of these are maintenance for opening airways without having to use the oral steroids. Is the doctor that put you on zithromax a CF dr?

anonymous

I agree that Xopenex or something like that nebulized would help. Are you using anything like that at this time?
Is humidity a factor where you live? (where isn't it, huh?)