TIP study

scabaskiblio

I am wondering if anyone who is on the TIP study has trouble breathing for a few hours after taking it. I don't have an asthma component to my CF, but it feels as I would imagine asthma symptoms do. My chest tightens up as if my airways are constricting. Does anyone else react this way?
I guess it could simply be the fact that I'm inhaling a powdered substance into my lungs, which seems antithetical to airway clearing. . .
v.

scabaskiblio

I am wondering if anyone who is on the TIP study has trouble breathing for a few hours after taking it. I don't have an asthma component to my CF, but it feels as I would imagine asthma symptoms do. My chest tightens up as if my airways are constricting. Does anyone else react this way?
I guess it could simply be the fact that I'm inhaling a powdered substance into my lungs, which seems antithetical to airway clearing. . .
v.

scabaskiblio

v.

scabaskiblio

v.

scabaskiblio

v.

jfarel

How did you do w/ regular tobi? That tightens my chest so I would think it possible that the powder could do the same thing.

jfarel

How did you do w/ regular tobi? That tightens my chest so I would think it possible that the powder could do the same thing.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

scabaskiblio

no effect like that with regular tobi. it's only with the powder. i actually was at the clinic friday and they gave me albuterol. it has improved the experience a lot. thanks!
v.

scabaskiblio

no effect like that with regular tobi. it's only with the powder. i actually was at the clinic friday and they gave me albuterol. it has improved the experience a lot. thanks!
v.

scabaskiblio

v.

scabaskiblio

v.

scabaskiblio

v.

catboogie

v,

i don't think powder would be the problem per se. afterall, they make other inhalers (including Advair, which i use) from it and i haven't heard anything about that causing problems. it could just be that form of tobi is more irritating. i know some people tolerate inhaled tobra vs TOBI differently, so i can see how the TIP could be different as well.

good luck.

catboogie

v,

i don't think powder would be the problem per se. afterall, they make other inhalers (including Advair, which i use) from it and i haven't heard anything about that causing problems. it could just be that form of tobi is more irritating. i know some people tolerate inhaled tobra vs TOBI differently, so i can see how the TIP could be different as well.

good luck.

catboogie

v,

good luck.

catboogie

v,

good luck.

catboogie

v,

good luck.