Tips for keeping energy up during IV's?

emmalou1610

Hey guys. I'm starting a 2 week course of home IV's this Monday. Like most of you I'm sure, I am totally 'zombified' while I'm on them and I hate it :( there's probably not a lot that can be done but I'm just wondering if any of you have any tips for keeping up your energy levels while on them? Even for some energy to take my dog on a short stroll. Any foods, supplements, extra vitamins etc anyone can recommend? Thank u! I hope you're all doing well xxx

do housework and go through your closets, drawers etc.... you can organize things, talk little walks. of course, you and i are always sick and need our sleep. so sleeping is a good way to get our energy back. if you have a yard, walk in it or walk to a park. doing a little more each day will help. work on your hobbies/ projects etc a little each day

emmalou1610

Thank you! I'm gonna do what I can and try avoid feeling sorry for myself and pushing myself to do a bit of something everyday. I plan on having a very productive fortnight :) & if I'm honest I've been putting off organising drawers for months. I think it's finally time :) Thank you.

JustDucky

Yeah, and pace yourself. IV's are hard on me as well in the energy department. Rest as much as possible, for everyday tasks, I would prioritize and/or enlist the help of others whenever possible. I will put off doing dishes if I am exhausted, my rationale simply being that they will be there when I am good and ready to do them lol. While on IV's you need to take care of you, sleep, conserve energy if you are fatigued, let your body heal. IV's also are notorious for killing my appetite, so I get finger foods, foods that are easy to just grab and go like carrot sticks, veggies and dip, burritos, meat sandwiches, ice cream, etc. Things that don't require tons of energy or time to prepare or cook. Indulge in take out occasionally, treat yourself to something you haven't eaten in awhile.
Hang in there and hugs!

Jenn 40 wCF

maryiris

REST. I am on 2 week course right now. Went to Renn Fest with honey on Saturday; left feeling AWFUL! Went to bed when I got home that night and pretty much stayed in bed until Wednesday morning. Felt much better. Your body heals while you sleep. Cannot stress the importance of good sleep and rest. When well rested, I've developed a hobby; I make special greeting cards with paper crafting. I do scrapbooking; and calendar pages featuring my grandson for my daughter and I.

So I advise rest and a hobby :)

emmalou1610

Thank you guys for your replies! I do agree with the suggestion of getting a lot of rest. I can't help but rest while on IV's anyhow so now I won't feel so bad :) And the hobby suggestion is great thank you. I love to write songs so I hope to get a nice few written in the next couple weeks. Thank you guys again. I hope you're all doing well! Oh and Jenn thanks for for the snacking suggestion, I find it so hard to eat too when I'm on IV's so hopefully I can manage a few snacks at the very least. Thank you!