TIRED BUMBED AND DEPRESSED

jesta36

its a lil weird this is the first forum i opened kuz i too now have to go on disability.. my body is weak, i keep coughing up blood and they dont know why.. i have the B cepacia bacteria strain which makes it harder to breathe and fight infections... one question for anybody.. has anyone had so many picc lines that there arms couldnt take it anymore? kuz im supposed to get a port place like what cancer patients have and was wondering if anyone has had one for cf?
PM or on the forum would be helpful. thank you.
Jay

jesta36

its a lil weird this is the first forum i opened kuz i too now have to go on disability.. my body is weak, i keep coughing up blood and they dont know why.. i have the B cepacia bacteria strain which makes it harder to breathe and fight infections... one question for anybody.. has anyone had so many picc lines that there arms couldnt take it anymore? kuz im supposed to get a port place like what cancer patients have and was wondering if anyone has had one for cf?
Jay

jesta36

Jay

jesta36

Jay

jesta36

<br />PM or on the forum would be helpful. thank you.
<br />Jay

JazzysMom

Having to give up working was I think the MOST difficult decision I ever had to make. I knew that physically it would help, but I felt like a failure in many ways. I missed the girls I worked with, the job I loved & the social interaction & mental stimulation. At the same time I adored the time with my daughter, but I adored that anyway.

Even now 8 (almost 9) years later I still miss it, but I know now that it is the best thing I could have did. I didnt know how to balance it all & because of that my health would be the first to go.

One thing I remember always thinking is....if I just get past this exacerbation I will be fine. That was true, but I didnt want to think how long before the next one etc.

I never was put on meds or seeked counseling tho I am quite sure I would have benefited from it & made the whole transition a bit easier. I suffered through it all by myself & with the help of my hubby!

I wont lie & say its easy. Its not, but it becomes less depressing!!!

HUGS

JazzysMom

Having to give up working was I think the MOST difficult decision I ever had to make. I knew that physically it would help, but I felt like a failure in many ways. I missed the girls I worked with, the job I loved & the social interaction & mental stimulation. At the same time I adored the time with my daughter, but I adored that anyway.

Even now 8 (almost 9) years later I still miss it, but I know now that it is the best thing I could have did. I didnt know how to balance it all & because of that my health would be the first to go.

One thing I remember always thinking is....if I just get past this exacerbation I will be fine. That was true, but I didnt want to think how long before the next one etc.

I never was put on meds or seeked counseling tho I am quite sure I would have benefited from it & made the whole transition a bit easier. I suffered through it all by myself & with the help of my hubby!

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Even now 8 (almost 9) years later I still miss it, but I know now that it is the best thing I could have did. I didnt know how to balance it all & because of that my health would be the first to go.
<br />
<br />One thing I remember always thinking is....if I just get past this exacerbation I will be fine. That was true, but I didnt want to think how long before the next one etc.
<br />
<br />I never was put on meds or seeked counseling tho I am quite sure I would have benefited from it & made the whole transition a bit easier. I suffered through it all by myself & with the help of my hubby!
<br />
<br />I wont lie & say its easy. Its not, but it becomes less depressing!!!
<br />
<br />HUGS

Diane

I tend to get a lot like what you describe while i'm not feeling very good. Especially after being on iv's for a while and things dont seem to be where you expected them to be. It feels like such a let down. Its hard to lose a job and even harder when you have to give one up willing-ly. It almost feels like a step towards giving in to the disease, but in reality it is a step in preserving your health. I've had to slow down on my jobs and just about everything else lately, and honestly i feel like i can become un-glued at times because i am usually a high energy, happy go lucky person much like what you described. I think this is one of those deals where you have to accept that this is best for your health and your health comes first. Maybe this would be an excellent time to start a new hobby that you may have put off, or going for walks in the park, cooking, or start a new exercise routine, etc. all the things you wish you had more time to do while you were at work wishing you had the day off to do. Taking a walk is very good to help boost your mood . It is not only beneficial to your lungs, heart etc. but it releases feel-good endorphins that will definitely give you a mood boost. I know change isnt easy especially when it is change we dont want, but if you make the most of all the free time you have on your hands you may view this change as not so bad.

Diane

I tend to get a lot like what you describe while i'm not feeling very good. Especially after being on iv's for a while and things dont seem to be where you expected them to be. It feels like such a let down. Its hard to lose a job and even harder when you have to give one up willing-ly. It almost feels like a step towards giving in to the disease, but in reality it is a step in preserving your health. I've had to slow down on my jobs and just about everything else lately, and honestly i feel like i can become un-glued at times because i am usually a high energy, happy go lucky person much like what you described. I think this is one of those deals where you have to accept that this is best for your health and your health comes first. Maybe this would be an excellent time to start a new hobby that you may have put off, or going for walks in the park, cooking, or start a new exercise routine, etc. all the things you wish you had more time to do while you were at work wishing you had the day off to do. Taking a walk is very good to help boost your mood . It is not only beneficial to your lungs, heart etc. but it releases feel-good endorphins that will definitely give you a mood boost. I know change isnt easy especially when it is change we dont want, but if you make the most of all the free time you have on your hands you may view this change as not so bad.

Diane

Diane

Diane

Nightwriter

Hi Kdmr,

I think everybody has offered you great advice on the emotional issues you may be going through, and I can't add to that. But I'd like to throw out a few ideas in another area.

You said that you didn't feel the same as you did after other tuneups. Your body just went through a really big ordeal. With a chronic and sometimes acute condition plus the very powerful drugs you just took, this has to have a major effect on your body. Many people that have chronic inflammation are also chemically sensitive. And I.V. drugs are very very strong chemicals.

It may not all be "in your mind". Or just coming to terms with the another stage in the disease. It may be, but I'm looking for some other physical things that could be going on with you.

The last time I was on I.V. medicines, was my lowest point in this disease. I was so sick going into the hospital, then 3 weeks of harsh treatments, and then after release I was 96 pounds, FEV1 in the 30's, the horrible hemoptysis had stopped, but there was no way I could work anymore.

But within about a year, my health turned around and I was back at work, gaining back weight, with my pft's going up and my energy returning. How did I do it?

I had a new doctor that addressed how inflammation affected me. It probably was the cause of my exacerbations which eventually turned into infections.

Post-hospital inflammation was keeping me feeling sick all the time as if I still had an infection. Inflammation can throw off all of your metabolism. Like your thyroid for instance, which can create extreme lethargy. In fact, at the moment I have high inflammation having been exposed to smoke. My thyroid test was normal. But my doctor did another test, which I think is for thryroid stimulating hormone which showed that my brain is working extra hard to maintain my thyroid hormone.

Doctors don't always do complete thyroid tests and they will tell very a very fatigued patient that their thyroid is normal, when the most common test measures only thryroid hormone in the blood and not in the tissues.

So maybe you should have full blood tests. By the way, I recently asked for a Vitamin D test and I was severely deficient. Lack of Vitamin D can also cause inflammation.

What turned my health around back after being so sick was addressing inflammation issues, the asthma component of CF, allergies, and irritants which cause the airways to swell, trap mucus with bacteria which causes endless exacerbations and infections.

Maybe if you address some of these issues and thought that it was possible to improve your situation, you can get on-track again and enjoy your life.

Nightwriter

Hi Kdmr,

I think everybody has offered you great advice on the emotional issues you may be going through, and I can't add to that. But I'd like to throw out a few ideas in another area.

You said that you didn't feel the same as you did after other tuneups. Your body just went through a really big ordeal. With a chronic and sometimes acute condition plus the very powerful drugs you just took, this has to have a major effect on your body. Many people that have chronic inflammation are also chemically sensitive. And I.V. drugs are very very strong chemicals.

It may not all be "in your mind". Or just coming to terms with the another stage in the disease. It may be, but I'm looking for some other physical things that could be going on with you.

The last time I was on I.V. medicines, was my lowest point in this disease. I was so sick going into the hospital, then 3 weeks of harsh treatments, and then after release I was 96 pounds, FEV1 in the 30's, the horrible hemoptysis had stopped, but there was no way I could work anymore.

But within about a year, my health turned around and I was back at work, gaining back weight, with my pft's going up and my energy returning. How did I do it?

I had a new doctor that addressed how inflammation affected me. It probably was the cause of my exacerbations which eventually turned into infections.

Post-hospital inflammation was keeping me feeling sick all the time as if I still had an infection. Inflammation can throw off all of your metabolism. Like your thyroid for instance, which can create extreme lethargy. In fact, at the moment I have high inflammation having been exposed to smoke. My thyroid test was normal. But my doctor did another test, which I think is for thryroid stimulating hormone which showed that my brain is working extra hard to maintain my thyroid hormone.

Doctors don't always do complete thyroid tests and they will tell very a very fatigued patient that their thyroid is normal, when the most common test measures only thryroid hormone in the blood and not in the tissues.

So maybe you should have full blood tests. By the way, I recently asked for a Vitamin D test and I was severely deficient. Lack of Vitamin D can also cause inflammation.

What turned my health around back after being so sick was addressing inflammation issues, the asthma component of CF, allergies, and irritants which cause the airways to swell, trap mucus with bacteria which causes endless exacerbations and infections.

Maybe if you address some of these issues and thought that it was possible to improve your situation, you can get on-track again and enjoy your life.

Nightwriter

Hi Kdmr,

Nightwriter

Hi Kdmr,

Nightwriter

Hi Kdmr,
<br />
<br />I think everybody has offered you great advice on the emotional issues you may be going through, and I can't add to that. But I'd like to throw out a few ideas in another area.
<br />
<br />You said that you didn't feel the same as you did after other tuneups. Your body just went through a really big ordeal. With a chronic and sometimes acute condition plus the very powerful drugs you just took, this has to have a major effect on your body. Many people that have chronic inflammation are also chemically sensitive. And I.V. drugs are very very strong chemicals.
<br />
<br />It may not all be "in your mind". Or just coming to terms with the another stage in the disease. It may be, but I'm looking for some other physical things that could be going on with you.
<br />
<br />The last time I was on I.V. medicines, was my lowest point in this disease. I was so sick going into the hospital, then 3 weeks of harsh treatments, and then after release I was 96 pounds, FEV1 in the 30's, the horrible hemoptysis had stopped, but there was no way I could work anymore.
<br />
<br />But within about a year, my health turned around and I was back at work, gaining back weight, with my pft's going up and my energy returning. How did I do it?
<br />
<br />I had a new doctor that addressed how inflammation affected me. It probably was the cause of my exacerbations which eventually turned into infections.
<br />
<br />Post-hospital inflammation was keeping me feeling sick all the time as if I still had an infection. Inflammation can throw off all of your metabolism. Like your thyroid for instance, which can create extreme lethargy. In fact, at the moment I have high inflammation having been exposed to smoke. My thyroid test was normal. But my doctor did another test, which I think is for thryroid stimulating hormone which showed that my brain is working extra hard to maintain my thyroid hormone.
<br />
<br />Doctors don't always do complete thyroid tests and they will tell very a very fatigued patient that their thyroid is normal, when the most common test measures only thryroid hormone in the blood and not in the tissues.
<br />
<br />So maybe you should have full blood tests. By the way, I recently asked for a Vitamin D test and I was severely deficient. Lack of Vitamin D can also cause inflammation.
<br />
<br />What turned my health around back after being so sick was addressing inflammation issues, the asthma component of CF, allergies, and irritants which cause the airways to swell, trap mucus with bacteria which causes endless exacerbations and infections.
<br />
<br />Maybe if you address some of these issues and thought that it was possible to improve your situation, you can get on-track again and enjoy your life.
<br />
<br />
<br />