To all my fellow CFRDers

JazzysMom

I have started seeing a new endo near me. My initial meeting with him put me at ease. Unlike all other endos he didnt want to address/alter my diet at all thereby avoiding issues with reducing my calorie intake.

We are, however, experimenting with an oral med called Acotplus Met. The general idea is to eliminate some of the sugar from the body so I either dont need insulin or not as much & as he said....making me more insulin sensitive whether it be my natural insulin or injections.

He did start me on a lower dose do to the potential side affects of diahrea & water retention. I, of course, must also monitor my sugars closer since the whole idea is to need lower or no insulin.

So has anyone else used this med before & what were your experiences & thoughts?

JazzysMom

I have started seeing a new endo near me. My initial meeting with him put me at ease. Unlike all other endos he didnt want to address/alter my diet at all thereby avoiding issues with reducing my calorie intake.

We are, however, experimenting with an oral med called Acotplus Met. The general idea is to eliminate some of the sugar from the body so I either dont need insulin or not as much & as he said....making me more insulin sensitive whether it be my natural insulin or injections.

He did start me on a lower dose do to the potential side affects of diahrea & water retention. I, of course, must also monitor my sugars closer since the whole idea is to need lower or no insulin.

So has anyone else used this med before & what were your experiences & thoughts?

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />We are, however, experimenting with an oral med called Acotplus Met. The general idea is to eliminate some of the sugar from the body so I either dont need insulin or not as much & as he said....making me more insulin sensitive whether it be my natural insulin or injections.
<br />
<br />He did start me on a lower dose do to the potential side affects of diahrea & water retention. I, of course, must also monitor my sugars closer since the whole idea is to need lower or no insulin.
<br />
<br />So has anyone else used this med before & what were your experiences & thoughts?