to breastfeed or not to breastfeed...

wiltonnh

Hello. I hope things went well. There is some news about DHA and it's ability to combat inflammation-and inflammation specific to cf. Breastmilk is the best source for DHA. I hope you were successful in breatfeedling!

wiltonnh

Hello. I hope things went well. There is some news about DHA and it's ability to combat inflammation-and inflammation specific to cf. Breastmilk is the best source for DHA. I hope you were successful in breatfeedling!

wiltonnh

wiltonnh

wiltonnh

paugh22

Hey there-

My son is 8 weeks old and was diagnosed at 10 days. I am breastfeeding him and he is doing wonderfully. He gains about 10 ozs a week. Of course he is taking the enzymes, zantac and vitamins as well. I just started giving him 2 bottles of formula a day (Similac Advance) and still breatfeeding all the other feedings. I hope this helps!

paugh22

Hey there-

My son is 8 weeks old and was diagnosed at 10 days. I am breastfeeding him and he is doing wonderfully. He gains about 10 ozs a week. Of course he is taking the enzymes, zantac and vitamins as well. I just started giving him 2 bottles of formula a day (Similac Advance) and still breatfeeding all the other feedings. I hope this helps!

paugh22

Hey there-

paugh22

Hey there-

paugh22

Hey there-

Alyssa

If you like the idea of breastfeeding you should plan on doing it. Try it and if it works well and he is doing well than you're good to go. If you run into problems for some reason you can always change up when presented with the facts then -- I say, plan for it and give it a try -- if you find out he needs more calories you can always supplement too.

Alyssa

If you like the idea of breastfeeding you should plan on doing it. Try it and if it works well and he is doing well than you're good to go. If you run into problems for some reason you can always change up when presented with the facts then -- I say, plan for it and give it a try -- if you find out he needs more calories you can always supplement too.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

LouLou

Curious where you read that breastfeeding a cfer might not be a good idea?! I'm breastfeeding my cfer and I also have cf myself. He is doing wonderfully. 3 months old and in the 95th %ile for height and weight. I on the other hand am having a difficult time keeping weight on.

LouLou

Curious where you read that breastfeeding a cfer might not be a good idea?! I'm breastfeeding my cfer and I also have cf myself. He is doing wonderfully. 3 months old and in the 95th %ile for height and weight. I on the other hand am having a difficult time keeping weight on.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou