Tobi and Colistin during pregnancy

serendipity730

Hi all,

My husband and I are TTC. We have been "interrupted" a recent exacerbation. As a result of the recent exacerbation, I had a bronchoscopy done and the results showed a highly resistant strain of PA primarily sensitive to Colistin and high concentrations of Tobramycin (i.e. Tobi). While I wasn't all that surprised by the result, I am now concerned about the possiblity of having to go off Tobi and Colistin during pregnancy. A while ago, my dr told me they usually stop Tobi during pregnancy. Did any of you continue Tobi during pregnancy? How about Colistin?

Thanks!

serendipity730

Hi all,

My husband and I are TTC. We have been "interrupted" a recent exacerbation. As a result of the recent exacerbation, I had a bronchoscopy done and the results showed a highly resistant strain of PA primarily sensitive to Colistin and high concentrations of Tobramycin (i.e. Tobi). While I wasn't all that surprised by the result, I am now concerned about the possiblity of having to go off Tobi and Colistin during pregnancy. A while ago, my dr told me they usually stop Tobi during pregnancy. Did any of you continue Tobi during pregnancy? How about Colistin?

Thanks!

serendipity730

Hi all,

Thanks!

serendipity730

Hi all,

Thanks!

serendipity730

Hi all,
<br />
<br />My husband and I are TTC. We have been "interrupted" a recent exacerbation. As a result of the recent exacerbation, I had a bronchoscopy done and the results showed a highly resistant strain of PA primarily sensitive to Colistin and high concentrations of Tobramycin (i.e. Tobi). While I wasn't all that surprised by the result, I am now concerned about the possiblity of having to go off Tobi and Colistin during pregnancy. A while ago, my dr told me they usually stop Tobi during pregnancy. Did any of you continue Tobi during pregnancy? How about Colistin?
<br />
<br />Thanks!

Kristen

I use Colistin, and my CF doctor said it was okay to take during pregnancy. He said the colistin molecules are too large to transfer from the lungs to the blood, so it doesn't make it to the fetus.

Kristen

I use Colistin, and my CF doctor said it was okay to take during pregnancy. He said the colistin molecules are too large to transfer from the lungs to the blood, so it doesn't make it to the fetus.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

rnjessica

Hey Mary,

My CF docs had me to go off of TOBI and Colistin while I was pregnant. So I was doing Hypertonic saline twice a day. They were "looking into" the Colistin for me, but from what Kristen's doc said, sounds like it would be ok.

rnjessica

Hey Mary,

My CF docs had me to go off of TOBI and Colistin while I was pregnant. So I was doing Hypertonic saline twice a day. They were "looking into" the Colistin for me, but from what Kristen's doc said, sounds like it would be ok.

rnjessica

Hey Mary,

rnjessica

Hey Mary,

rnjessica

Hey Mary,
<br />
<br />My CF docs had me to go off of TOBI and Colistin while I was pregnant. So I was doing Hypertonic saline twice a day. They were "looking into" the Colistin for me, but from what Kristen's doc said, sounds like it would be ok.