Tobi induced hearing loss

Zara

Hello
<br />
<br />There are some cf patients i speak to online and they said that taking anti-oxidants such as glutathione can help prevent hearing loss.
<br />
<br />Is this true?
<br />
<br />Because although i dont have any hearing loss yet, i would like to protect myself from ever getting it
<br />
<br />Thank you.

Havoc

During clinical trials, there were no reports of hearing loss from inhaled Tobi, there have been some post-market reports, but at least some of those patients were also receiving IV therapy. It seems that there is significantly less risk of ototoxicity with inhaled tobramycin. Those who have it also seem to also having ringing in the ears. It seems that you can use glutathione, but far more effective is edaravone. Edaravone is effective up to 7 days post toxicity, so even in the unlikely event that you did suffer some hearing loss, it is correctable if done quickly.

Havoc

During clinical trials, there were no reports of hearing loss from inhaled Tobi, there have been some post-market reports, but at least some of those patients were also receiving IV therapy. It seems that there is significantly less risk of ototoxicity with inhaled tobramycin. Those who have it also seem to also having ringing in the ears. It seems that you can use glutathione, but far more effective is edaravone. Edaravone is effective up to 7 days post toxicity, so even in the unlikely event that you did suffer some hearing loss, it is correctable if done quickly.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

M

MiddleAgedLady

Is edaravone Rx only? this is the first I've heard of it.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

Havoc

I don't know that it is even yet out of clinical trials. If it is, it would very likely be Rx only.

Havoc

I don't know that it is even yet out of clinical trials. If it is, it would very likely be Rx only.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

timbullock

Glutathione will not only protect against hearing loss, but will also address the root cause of cystic fibrosis. I became convinced a couple of weeks ago after reading an article by Dr. Valerie Hudson at www.glutathioneexperts.com/glutathione-cystic-fibrosis-6.html

The problem is that oral, transdermal, nebulized, nasal and IV glutathione doesn't do as thorough a job at resolving the glutathione defeciency as is required to remedy the disease. I am persuaded that the answer lies in a breakthrough supplement that actually triggers the production of glutathione in the cells.

See my blog at www.atltbullock.blogspot.com

timbullock

Glutathione will not only protect against hearing loss, but will also address the root cause of cystic fibrosis. I became convinced a couple of weeks ago after reading an article by Dr. Valerie Hudson at www.glutathioneexperts.com/glutathione-cystic-fibrosis-6.html

The problem is that oral, transdermal, nebulized, nasal and IV glutathione doesn't do as thorough a job at resolving the glutathione defeciency as is required to remedy the disease. I am persuaded that the answer lies in a breakthrough supplement that actually triggers the production of glutathione in the cells.

timbullock