Tobi question

blondelawyer

My husband is currently in the hospital and they are giving him inhaled Tobi there. Last night when the nurse brought in his dose he told me that I had to leave when he did the Tobi, but really wasn't sure why (he said that maybe it could cause irritation to my lungs). They also hang a sign on his door telling no one to enter during the treatment. Neither his doctors or pharmacists have ever said anything to us about me being around during the treatment...have any of you? Do you know why?

Thanks!

blondelawyer

My husband is currently in the hospital and they are giving him inhaled Tobi there. Last night when the nurse brought in his dose he told me that I had to leave when he did the Tobi, but really wasn't sure why (he said that maybe it could cause irritation to my lungs). They also hang a sign on his door telling no one to enter during the treatment. Neither his doctors or pharmacists have ever said anything to us about me being around during the treatment...have any of you? Do you know why?

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

AnD

Nope, never heard of that. The only similar thing I've had happen, was that there was a nurse who was highly allergic to Allupent, and they made sure there was a sign up on my door and the door was closed while I did my treatment (and low and behold, I was allergic to it too...).

Or maybe they don't want the general hospital germs to be exposed? Resistance or something? Sorry, I guess that wasn't much help...

AnD

Nope, never heard of that. The only similar thing I've had happen, was that there was a nurse who was highly allergic to Allupent, and they made sure there was a sign up on my door and the door was closed while I did my treatment (and low and behold, I was allergic to it too...).

Or maybe they don't want the general hospital germs to be exposed? Resistance or something? Sorry, I guess that wasn't much help...

AnD

AnD

AnD

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't there a warning on the tobi packaging about using tobi if pregnant? Could they be thinking that? Or possible antibiotic resistance?

We always hang out with DS while he does tobi -- heck he's been on it since he was 3 months old, couldn't very well leave him alone to adminster it himself at that age. Only thing we've ever noticed is sometimes DH gets a scratchy, dry throat after sitting there for 20 minutes with him.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't there a warning on the tobi packaging about using tobi if pregnant? Could they be thinking that? Or possible antibiotic resistance?

We always hang out with DS while he does tobi -- heck he's been on it since he was 3 months old, couldn't very well leave him alone to adminster it himself at that age. Only thing we've ever noticed is sometimes DH gets a scratchy, dry throat after sitting there for 20 minutes with him.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

JORDYSMOM

This thread was started just a couple of days ago on the very subject. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=27532&enterthread=y">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...id=27532&enterthread=y</a>

It appears that there is some concern about others breathing the inhaled abx. I don't really see any way around it for parents of small children. One person did mention that some hospitals make parents wear masks when their kids are nebbing abx. I know people here have been sitting with their kids for years while they do Tobi.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

This thread was started just a couple of days ago on the very subject. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.cysticfibrosis.com/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=27532&enterthread=y">http://forums.cysticfibrosis.c...id=27532&enterthread=y</a>

It appears that there is some concern about others breathing the inhaled abx. I don't really see any way around it for parents of small children. One person did mention that some hospitals make parents wear masks when their kids are nebbing abx. I know people here have been sitting with their kids for years while they do Tobi.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey