TOBI

Lamp

This may be a really dumb question but is TOBI just for CF'ers or do they treat other kinds of patients with it?

The reason I ask is, I was told not to take it around babies. Because they will build up immunities to the drug and if needed to be on it someday, they couldn't be.

But if the baby didn't have CF why would they need to worry about it?
My sister in law is coming to visit and has my 8 month old nephew with her. There planning a trip on a "on TOBI" month for me. So I wanted to make sure to do whats safe for her son and also not quite taking a drug I need if it isn't necessary.

Just wondering what you guys have done in situations like this or if you've been told this as well?

Laura

Lamp

This may be a really dumb question but is TOBI just for CF'ers or do they treat other kinds of patients with it?

The reason I ask is, I was told not to take it around babies. Because they will build up immunities to the drug and if needed to be on it someday, they couldn't be.

My sister in law is coming to visit and has my 8 month old nephew with her. There planning a trip on a "on TOBI" month for me. So I wanted to make sure to do whats safe for her son and also not quite taking a drug I need if it isn't necessary.

Just wondering what you guys have done in situations like this or if you've been told this as well?

Laura

Lamp

Laura

Lamp

Laura

Lamp

<br />
<br />The reason I ask is, I was told not to take it around babies. Because they will build up immunities to the drug and if needed to be on it someday, they couldn't be.
<br />
<br />But if the baby didn't have CF why would they need to worry about it?
<br />My sister in law is coming to visit and has my 8 month old nephew with her. There planning a trip on a "on TOBI" month for me. So I wanted to make sure to do whats safe for her son and also not quite taking a drug I need if it isn't necessary.
<br />
<br />Just wondering what you guys have done in situations like this or if you've been told this as well?
<br />
<br />Laura

JazzysMom

My former Supervisor has a son with CP who cultures pseudomonas. He uses Tobi & the vest, but he does NOT have CF.

JazzysMom

My former Supervisor has a son with CP who cultures pseudomonas. He uses Tobi & the vest, but he does NOT have CF.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Lamp

awww...I see. Then I'd better stop taking the drug while there in town huh? You never know I guess what he could have in the future.

Lamp

awww...I see. Then I'd better stop taking the drug while there in town huh? You never know I guess what he could have in the future.

Lamp

Lamp

Lamp

rubyroselee

My spouse is an RT, and they are told not to be in the room when administering Tobi to patients. I believe it is given to non-CF patients as well. The reason is because it is a strong antibiotic and is effective against bugs...and anyone exposed to it can become resistant to it as well.

rubyroselee

My spouse is an RT, and they are told not to be in the room when administering Tobi to patients. I believe it is given to non-CF patients as well. The reason is because it is a strong antibiotic and is effective against bugs...and anyone exposed to it can become resistant to it as well.

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee